old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Dropped my Jeep off this morning at 8am, and I just got a call (4pm) from the dealership asking if they can keep my car overnight. I told them I'd prefer if they just put all the parts in the Jeep so I can do it myself, and now I'm waiting for a call from the shop foreman.

I have a handful of other complaints about how the dealership handled the dropoff too. They have been more of an inconvenience than anything.
What is the point of keeping your Jeep overnight ? I don't get that .

Why don't you just go and pick up your Jeep ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

clucca8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2dr 2002 Wrangler TJ SE
What is the point of keeping your Jeep overnight ? I don't get that .

Why don't you just go and pick up your Jeep ?
They didn't tell me that the work couldn't be completed until it was too late in the day. The place is about 30min from me, but traffic is pretty terrible. If I was to go pick it up when they told me, it would have taken me about 2h to got get it and drive back. Probably more.

I ended up leaving my Jeep there overnight, and they haven't called me yet. I think I need to change dealerships.. they've had this work order for more than 2 months and it's taking them multiple days to change the rails. What if this was a legitimate issue? I couldn't even imagine the hassle it would be to get some serious work done.

OP
OP

clucca8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They just told me that the part they ordered was wrong, again. So, they ordered the new part and it's going to take 3-5 days. They asked if I wanted to keep the rental car (Dodge Caravan) or use another loaner car.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
They just told me that the part they ordered was wrong, again. So, they ordered the new part and it's going to take 3-5 days. They asked if I wanted to keep the rental car (Dodge Caravan) or use another loaner car.
Never trust any dealer and you will be a happier person .

OP
OP

clucca8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never trust any dealer and you will be a happier person .
Haha thanks for the advice. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. It's just been such a pain in the ass for something that should have been so easy.
Sponsored