FRAM XG11665 Oil Filter [4,200 Miles]

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I have performed 3 OCs on my Rublcon thus far:

800 miles changed OEM filter with XG11665 (this one)
2000 miles (did not change filter) (1,200 Miles on oil)
5000 miles (changed filter) (3,000 miles on oil and 4,200 miles on filter)

At the initial OC (800 miles), I also installed a Gold Plug magnetic drain plug. At the 2,000 mile OC, it was clean, but on this latest OC, it had quite a bit of metal on it (and I probably lost a little because the plug clung to the pan when I removed it).

The XG was twisted slightly and I have seen this on most filters for the 3.6L Pentastar, otherwise it was in good shape. I do wonder if the filters are a little too long OR if the oil filter cap is tightened a bit too much. I torqued mine to exactly 25nm this time (I did not torque the cap for the XG--but I did not "he-man" it tight either).

A Mahle filter and Castrol Edge replaced this filter and oil and I will be moving to a 5K OCI from this point forward.

Enjoy!

Hxrp7S.jpg

Hx49p9.jpg

Hxrm22.jpg

HxrDrl.jpg

Hxryk7.jpg
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Some twisting is normal. My original Mopar filter was worse than that. Make sure you put the proper torque on the oil filter cap and then don't worry about it. I ran one to 7k but it was in good enough shape it could have easly goine another 7k.

The main thing is that the pleats kept their integrity and they are VERY strong in that filter. They are bonded to some kind of polymer or monofilament like webbing. I tore one apart with vice grips and pliers and it took a tremendous amount of effort to tear it. Far beyone the stress it would experience in that engine.