Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX, 2007 Acura TSX, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Air Force
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLU Sahara with no lift, just a leveling kit and falcon shocks. 90% daily driver and the rest off road.

which steering stabilizer would be a better option?

Falcon Nexus 2.1 or something from Fox?
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'm happy with the teraflex 2.1. As long as you don't upgrade to synergy suspension parts the tera flex will work fine otherwise you would need the fox set up. Only reason why I chose the tera flex is that I heard complaints that the fox was under pressure that created an issue with the jeep pulling to one side. Dampers are supposed to have neutral resistance to either side. By the way the jeep drove much better with the upgraded stabilizer

OP
OP
D5grvty01

D5grvty01

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX, 2007 Acura TSX, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Air Force
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy with the teraflex 2.1. As long as you don't upgrade to synergy suspension parts the tera flex will work fine otherwise you would need the fox set up. Only reason why I chose the tera flex is that I heard complaints that the fox was under pressure that created an issue with the jeep pulling to one side. Dampers are supposed to have neutral resistance to either side
I did read about the Fox pulling to one side which was a concern. I’ve seen a lot of positive posts on the Nexus 2.2 adjustable stabilizer, but feel I wouldn’t use it as much for its intended purpose. Thanks for your input!

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I did read about the Fox pulling to one side which was a concern. I’ve seen a lot of positive posts on the Nexus 2.2 adjustable stabilizer, but feel I wouldn’t use it as much for its intended purpose. Thanks for your input!
Yes, I almost never use any settings other than "medium" on Falcon 2.2, which is equivalent to 2.1. The "firm" settings are too harsh and will cause premature wear on your steering components. "Soft" setting offers almost no resistance, any wind on freeway will knock you to the side.

In hindsight, I probably should just go with 2.1.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
The Fox pulling to one side is only applicable to their IFP stabilizer. If you get their 2.0 throughshaft or ATS stabilizer, those do not pull to one side.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My Fox Stabilizer pulled to the right, traded up for a Falcon 2.2 and I love it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've been very pleased with the Fox TS through shaft design. I didn't go with the adjustable ATS version because i relocated to the top of the tie rod and the piggy back reservoir might have been too bulky with all the Steer Smarts front end linkages.

I just got my hands on a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 through a deal, which is adjustable without the piggy back, so i plan on experimenting to see which i like better.

I want to do that soon, so I'll report back with my thoughts.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
did the falcon 2.2 last week and have played with the different settings. Agreed, medium is best. Firm had almost zero return to center.
Initially felt is was not good at all, then realized i’m an idiot and installed the bracket backward. Much better now, but I’m still an idiot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox vs Teraflex Falcon Steering stabilizer 5A5594B9-39B1-427E-B359-1E93CE8E05F6

Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
did the falcon 2.2 last week and have played with the different settings. Agreed, medium is best. Firm had almost zero return to center.
Initially felt is was not good at all, then realized i’m an idiot and installed the bracket backward. Much better now, but I’m still an idiot.
Did the same thing. If there's a wrong way to install something I'll always find it.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As long as you don't upgrade to synergy suspension parts
Why do you say this? I was going to do synergy track bar and synergy LCAs with flacon stabilizer. Is there an issue with this?

I am currently running mopar 2” lift w fox shocks.

Sponsored

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 sting gray

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox vs Teraflex Falcon Steering stabilizer 5A5594B9-39B1-427E-B359-1E93CE8E05F6
What bracket and how? I have same issue and took it off and put oem back on!

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
I've been very pleased with the Fox TS through shaft design. I didn't go with the adjustable ATS version because i relocated to the top of the tie rod and the piggy back reservoir might have been too bulky with all the Steer Smarts front end linkages.

I just got my hands on a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 through a deal, which is adjustable without the piggy back, so i plan on experimenting to see which i like better.

I want to do that soon, so I'll report back with my thoughts.
Mike, can you provide your thoughts between the Fox and Falcon? The Fox TS seems to be out of stock everywhere and I'm wondering if I should wait or just go ahead with a Falcon.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, can you provide your thoughts between the Fox and Falcon? The Fox TS seems to be out of stock everywhere and I'm wondering if I should wait or just go ahead with a Falcon.
The Fox has been so great, and I've been so busy with other upgrades, so I never tried out the Teraflex adjustable one that I have. I actually forgot all about having it until now. I should probably sell it, so it can be put to use.
Sponsored