Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The rod has to go through the shock body for it to be neutral force.
Sorry but this is simply not true..... I’ve owned and installed many fox closed end stabilizers and they all were neutral, with the exception of a couple. Sometimes you’ll get one that’s over charged and the shaft won’t stay where you put it. I just adjusted the pressure on these , and now they have many thousands of miles on them and customers are very happy with them.

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

Sorry but this is simply not true..... I’ve owned and installed many fox closed end stabilizers and they all were neutral, with the exception of a couple. Sometimes you’ll get one that’s over charged and the shaft won’t stay where you put it. I just adjusted the pressure on these , and now they have many thousands of miles on them and customers are very happy with them.
How do I adjust the pressure?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do I adjust the pressure?
It’s tricky and not something I’d recommend doing unless your set up for it. How do you know that your stabilizer isn’t working properly? Just because the shaft comes back out that's not a good indicator that it’s over charged. I suggest putting it on and trying it first. The small amount of pressure it takes to push the shaft out isn’t enough to affect your steering.

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Most fox ifp stabilizers have a needle port to relieve or add pressure, and its hard to adjust without a relief gauge and the needle, a non ts stabilizer just needs enough pressure probably around 20-50psi or so to keep the oil from cavitating. Ts stabilizers with a resivoir are still upwards of 200psi

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Heh, no need to be sorry to me because I’m just quoting what engineers and manufacturers stated about their products. I have not made a statement that wasn’t already quoted from a known source.

Now If you believe that these engineers and manufacturers are in the wrong feel free to dispute the claim with them so they aren’t false advertising their products.

They probably should remove all their TS/EF/NF and dual opposing stabilizer offerings because obviously a single IFP stabilizer does the job perfectly.

With that said, by bleeding the pressure off you are probably reducing the dampening effect of the stabilizers and voiding the warranty in the process, so the pull is always there just not as pronounced to the point that it isn’t able to counteract the weight of the steering system. As an engineer myself I can understand the basic principals of conservation of energy and laws of thermodynamics. Whenever you have gas and oil on each side of the piston, you'll invariably have unequalized pressure.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/product...ble-through-shaft-stabilizer-steering-tuning/
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shox PS Stabilizer IFP 98524173- Steering Stabilizer 1619625955454

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Nitrogen can be used to increase or decrease dampening only a tiny bit, its not there to control dampening its to keep the oil from foaming. a stabilizer doesnt see speeds a shock sees, it can do the purpose just fine with just a little nitrogen, whatever level that may be. Its the orifice size of the pistons and shims that control the dampening. Voiding warranty, maybe.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH THIS but I read on a couple threads the Fox IFP should be primed when installed. The process is like 5-10 steering left to right full lock slowly with a couple second delay between each cycle. Have no idea if truly works or not other than couple folks stating it helped.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They probably should remove all their TS/EF/NF and dual opposing stabilizer offerings because obviously a single IFP stabilizer does the job perfectly.
No need to be a smart ass. I am a huge fan of equal force stabilizers, I’ve ran dual stabilizers on all my rigs until they came out with the ATS, which I currently am running. Not because of a pull or push, but more for the fact I wanted more dampening for 37” tires.

However, the stabilizer the OP is asking about, I have not encountered a problem with in the last couple of years installing/using them other than the couple of exceptions I stated earlier which are now fixed and working as intended.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
No need to be a smart ass. I am a huge fan of equal force stabilizers, I’ve ran dual stabilizers on all my rigs until they came out with the ATS, which I currently am running. Not because of a pull or push, but more for the fact I wanted more dampening for 37” tires.

However, the stabilizer the OP is asking about, I have not encountered a problem with in the last couple of years installing/using them other than the couple of exceptions I stated earlier which are now fixed and working as intended.
Again, if you believe Fox is falsely advertising their products, along with many of manufactures, you should definetly open a dispute with them and the BBB.
Sponsored