Sponsored

Fox shock size recommendation with 1.5 teraflex spacer and rubi springs?

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S 6 Speed
Hey folks, I am planning to upgrade my suspension on JLU Sport with Rubi springs and Teraflex 1.5 spacers and bump stops. I have the rubi stock shocks but figured I would get some better shocks. I'm going to be taking my rig offroad in thick mud, rough sand dunes at speed, etc. Also didnt want it to look like a skateboard. I was looking at the fox 2.0 ifp performance shocks and they come in a few different sizes. 0-1.5 in, 2-3 inch etc.

Which one should I get? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Want to get it right the first time and not have to do this multiple times.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks, I am planning to upgrade my suspension on JLU Sport with Rubi springs and Teraflex 1.5 spacers and bump stops. I have the rubi stock shocks but figured I would get some better shocks. I'm going to be taking my rig offroad in thick mud, rough sand dunes at speed, etc. Also didnt want it to look like a skateboard. I was looking at the fox 2.0 ifp performance shocks and they come in a few different sizes. 0-1.5 in, 2-3 inch etc.

Which one should I get? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Want to get it right the first time and not have to do this multiple times.

Thanks in advance!
I would get your lift done and see what your height actually ends up being, then buy the shocks recommended for that lift height. You can estimate what your going to get, but there’s variables, so best to measure before and after so you’ll have better intel....... just my .02....:)

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I did basically the same thing on my 2 dr rubicon. I talked to someone at tereflex and they said going to the 2 to 3 inch would be no problem. I wound up keeping my stock shocks and have been happy that way. Not sure you need to spend the $600 for a minimal improvement.

OP
OP
junglemaster

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S 6 Speed
Thanks for the feedback, I know the shocks are the most important components and while I do have the Rubicon stock shocks I wondered if anybody else had experience with the Fox 2.0 shocks or thought the Falcon 2.1 shocks would be better as the price for a set of 4 are comparable.
Sponsored