Sponsored

Fox Shock leaking

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Id love a set of 3.0s hahaha, you cant go wrong so i dont blame you lol
I cried a little bit about the price tag though, haha. But I don't regret it. I have the fox air bumps as well.
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
One of my 2.5s (that came with the Mopar lift) started leaking just after the year warranty had expired, too. I looked in to rebuilding it myself but concluded it was more trouble and expense than sending it back. I too called Fox and had a bad customer service experience and just decided to throw some Bilsteins on instead. At $80/shock I'll just replace them as they go bad. I won't be buying any more Fox products.
Why not just buy a replacement Fox2.5 Mopar? Did you have problems sourcing the part?

I'm asking because I too run the 2.5s and wonder how hard it is to get replacements if anything goes bad.

P.S. These are the best non-resi shocks on the market by a mile, they have a ton of fluid in them, stay cool to the touch even when you give them a good workout, and are a breeze to install and replace. I can't imagine a non-racing mission requiring 3.0s.

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
The recommended service interval (complete shock service (Seals and Oil)) for a Fox Offroad Race, Factory, or Performance Series shock is 10K-50k miles; depending how your vehicle is driven...See below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking 1636771565107

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking 1636771596733

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking 1636771630840

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Why not just buy a replacement Fox2.5 Mopar? Did you have problems sourcing the part?

I'm asking because I too run the 2.5s and wonder how hard it is to get replacements if anything goes bad.

P.S. These are the best non-resi shocks on the market by a mile, they have a ton of fluid in them, stay cool to the touch even when you give them a good workout, and are a breeze to install and replace. I can't imagine a non-racing mission requiring 3.0s.
Yes, that was part of it as well. I don't think you can buy the 2.5s outside the Mopar lift kit, just the 2.0s. Not that I'd want to after the one shock lasted about 5k miles, with some mild to moderate froading in that time. Also, there was some weird shit that Fox told me that to rebuild one you had to buy two different rebuild kits because some parts are specific to the 2.5s while others come from the 2.0 rebuild kit. Then there are the specialty tools, gas etc. I was like FFS, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

I still have the 2.5s and if I can find better rebuild info at some point I might reuse them.

I've had problems with their stabilizers as well.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Fox told me on 2.5 DSC to have them serviced every 40-50,000 miles. As long as they don’t leak I’ll take them off when the jeep hits 60,000 and have them serviced. Will more than likely use accutune. Jeep will just have to sit on jack stands for a month I guess.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Fox told me on 2.5 DSC to have them serviced every 40-50,000 miles. As long as they don’t leak I’ll take them off when the jeep hits 60,000 and have them serviced. Will more than likely use accutune. Jeep will just have to sit on jack stands for a month I guess.
Didn’t you keep your rock sports ? I still have my RRD 2.25s so when my Foxs need service, I’ll still be on the trail.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Didn’t you keep your rock sports ? I still have my RRD 2.25s so when my Foxs need service, I’ll still be on the trail.

No, I ordered the kit without the rocksport shocks. Guess I could put the factory ones on for just driving when I get them serviced. Probably drive like shit cause they will be almost fully extended.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I do
Meh, just don't get your nails done for a bit. ;)
Instead of paying someone to do my nails, I just took the 8 week class to get my license when I was in my 20's (which i have never used professionally, lol) so I just do them myself. Kinda the learn to fish theory 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Issue: Fox Shocks 3.0, one shock is leaking.
Fox says this is not a common occurrence, so Im thinking it was built with a defect.
Fox response: its out of the 1 year warranty so oh well... finally Fox said send us the shock, we will rebuild it and send it back. Time frame is minimum of a month for the rebuild during which the vehicle would be taking up space in the shop. Fox is very busy right now.
My opinion is that it was defective from the get go and a replacement should be sent since this leaking "never happens" with their shocks.

So jeep forum, have you ever dealt with a leaking shock? Cuz now im just curious. And obvs Im not happy with fox's customer service... actually i think its really crappy.... but the 1yr warranty has passed so.... it is what it is.

Off to shop for new shocks now.....
Suggestions are welcomed.
Jenne
I have Kings on my truck. One is leaking. Has been for years. Pretty slow leak, but I should pull them and take them down to King.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Jenne
I have Kings on my truck. One is leaking. Has been for years. Pretty slow leak, but I should pull them and take them down to King.
Ill replace the seals for you for cost of them and oil, and whatever other parts it needs lol