hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
😂 Shop would be nice. I’ve seen those pics of you swapping axles/knuckles/coil overs/steering components/etc etc etc… on the street. That asphalt has got to be a little warm 😆
@Moto_21 of course seeing Mike’s @Headbarcode gravel installs I think I prefer the street 😂
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
@Moto_21 of course seeing Mike’s @Headbarcode gravel installs I think I prefer the street 😂
True that hahaha. Although i do do stuff at my cousins house too and its just dusty dirt or mud…. Its really not pleasant he has no asphalt or concrete or gravel lol

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, nothing adds flavor to a long day of installs like choosing between laying in the dirt with rocks in my back or laying on a non padded creeper that keeps getting wheel chocked by those same rocks.

My wife is always asking why I spend so much time looking at the street in front of the open houses we go to. I tell her that I'm looking for an upgraded work area, like Moto's got. 😆

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking 20211002_174005
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking 20211002_105221

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking annie-hard-knock-life

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
One of my 2.5s (that came with the Mopar lift) started leaking just after the year warranty had expired, too. I looked in to rebuilding it myself but concluded it was more trouble and expense than sending it back. I too called Fox and had a bad customer service experience and just decided to throw some Bilsteins on instead. At $80/shock I'll just replace them as they go bad. I won't be buying any more Fox products.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, nothing adds flavor to a long day of installs like choosing between laying in the dirt with rocks in my back or laying on a non padded creeper that keeps getting wheel chocked by those same rocks.

My wife is always asking why I spend so much time looking at the street in front of the open houses we go to. I tell her that I'm looking for an upgraded work area, like Moto's got. 😆

This may cripple me for weeks 😂

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Shock leaking 3BA71748-4416-4D0A-939E-99FCE8F20877

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

At least my creepers plastic and contoured 😂, it doesnt roll for shit on the asphalt though. Or half the time it wont roll untill im trying to tighten or loosen something then the fucker rolls like its on ice…

dirt looks like my cousins yard hahahaha

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

20211002_174005.jpg
20211002_105221.jpg

annie-hard-knock-life.gif
I also like the cookie sheet tool holder, ima do that too, although i say that, but about halfway through whatever im doing theres gonna be so many tools and parts scattered front to rear up and down the street. Organization sounds good when i start, often times turns into a fuck it just grab it all and throw it in the toolbox

dos531

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 12 Gallardo Performante, 86 Porsche 930
I only have the peasant 2.0 IFP shocks, but 2 of them are leaking within 3 months of installation. They are repairing under warranty, but same situation where I have to pull the shocks off and send them back and the jeep is down for an unknown amount of time. Leaning towards just buying a different set of shocks and selling these once they're repaired. 50% failure rate is pretty unacceptable even for the budget shocks.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I also like the cookie sheet tool holder, ima do that too, although i say that, but about halfway through whatever im doing theres gonna be so many tools and parts scattered front to rear up and down the street. Organization sounds good when i start, often times turns into a fuck it just grab it all and throw it in the toolbox
Lol. Good catch. Didn’t see the cookie sheet. Great idea for sure but like you said, well thought out plan turns to shit as soon as something is not coming loose 😂. Tools are flying everywhere.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It's been weeks, and I'm just now starting to walk straight again thanks to that f'n thing! :CWL:
😂. I can believe that. Just imagine how that would feel in the knee when kneeling 😡. Man down 😂

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I only have the peasant 2.0 IFP shocks, but 2 of them are leaking within 3 months of installation. They are repairing under warranty, but same situation where I have to pull the shocks off and send them back and the jeep is down for an unknown amount of time. Leaning towards just buying a different set of shocks and selling these once they're repaired. 50% failure rate is pretty unacceptable even for the budget shocks.
Fox has been outsourcing parts to try to get ahead on the huge lead time apparently, maybe they have been getting not as high quality seals rolling through, or they missing so QC, who knows. Fox shocks are usually damn good

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Same goes for you the 2.5s on your hemi are most likely enough depending on speed they just needed valving
I didn't feel like going through the tuning process. I sold them instead and swapped to the 3.0's which were great out of the box on the Gladiator. But I get what you're saying, you're not wrong.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't feel like going through the tuning process. I sold them instead and swapped to the 3.0's which were great out of the box on the Gladiator. But I get what you're saying, you're not wrong.
Id love a set of 3.0s hahaha, you cant go wrong so i dont blame you lol
Sponsored