Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I guess this post goes for folks running both the 2.0 and 2.5 inch fox shocks with res. The position Fox wants you to mount these reservoirs is not to my liking at all. They hang low by the fronmt bumper. On the advice of someone on the forum I gave accutune a call and they told me they wouldnt alter the hose length of the reservoir (dont blame them). Has anybody been successful with an alternative mounting location?
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I have the 2.5ā€™s and I donā€™t really think there is any concern on where the reservoir is mounted. Itā€™s tucked in close to the frame and behind the front bumper, I think itā€™s a much better spot than where they are mounted from the factory on the Mojave.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this post goes for folks running both the 2.0 and 2.5 inch fox shocks with res. The position Fox wants you to mount these reservoirs is not to my liking at all. They hang low by the fronmt bumper. On the advice of someone on the forum I gave accutune a call and they told me they wouldnt alter the hose length of the reservoir (dont blame them). Has anybody been successful with an alternative mounting location?
Following this to see where it goes. Iā€™ve got mine in the traditional spot, but always looking for a better mousetrap, lol. Mine are a little more exposed with my bumper but I havenā€™t had any problems. I really like the ease of access to the adjusters, since they get adjusted about every weekend.....šŸ™‚

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations 5D2A6218-42B2-4DDA-AD8D-3D16559840F5

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I've seen another Jeeper actually use high strength magnets to mount the reservoirs in this location, if it does get close to a rock it can be moved very easily and temporarily. Pretty cool idea, just not sure how strong of a magnet you would need to get that to stay put.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen another Jeeper actually use high strength magnets to mount the reservoirs in this location, if it does get close to a rock it can be moved very easily and temporarily. Pretty cool idea, just not sure how strong of a magnet you would need to get that to stay put.
I thought about welding a plate in front of resi, but decided I didnā€™t want to mess with the aerodynamics .......šŸ¤£

Sponsored

OP
OP

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have the 2.5ā€™s and I donā€™t really think there is any concern on where the reservoir is mounted. Itā€™s tucked in close to the frame and behind the front bumper, I think itā€™s a much better spot than where they are mounted from the factory on the Mojave.
I hear man but where they want you to mount it Iā€™m completely cutting that bracket off because Iā€™m going to be using the vks v3 stubby bumper. There going to be virtually no metal there

OP
OP

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Following this to see where it goes. Iā€™ve got mine in the traditional spot, but always looking for a better mousetrap, lol. Mine are a little more exposed with my bumper but I havenā€™t had any problems. I really like the ease of access to the adjusters, since they get adjusted about every weekend.....šŸ™‚

Iā€™m playing with the idea of facing a bracket that will mount to the two outside steering box bolts. Iā€™m just not sure if the tire will hit at full stuff. I guess the reason for this post is the concern for both tire rub and hose interference on any alternative mounting locations. Donā€™t want to buy these expensive shocks and have no where to put the res. I may just say screw it and get the 2.0 without the res

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations 5D2A6218-42B2-4DDA-AD8D-3D16559840F5

OP
OP

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Here was the location I was thinking

D27680F4-CC3B-4FC9-8AAE-AF02235258F1.png

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I
Here was the location I was thinking

D27680F4-CC3B-4FC9-8AAE-AF02235258F1.png
I donā€™t know dude itā€™s tight in that whole well with a 37 stuffed up in there. Hereā€™s the other side of that pic.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations 56FDAF9A-77BB-4CD8-AE00-4E41C46729A1

Last edited:
OP
OP

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I

I donā€™t know dude itā€™s tight in that whole well with a 37 stuffed up in there. Hereā€™s the other side of that pic.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations 56FDAF9A-77BB-4CD8-AE00-4E41C46729A1
I guess Ill screw around with it and keep you guys updated. I may even ask King if I can buy there res brackets w/o the shocks lol. It seems to be well located

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Not sure how long the hose is on the 2.5 remotes. I'm running the Mojave's set now. Bolts in the same spot as Mojave do. I think the factory brackets are pricey.

Front.jpg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Not sure how long the hose is on the 2.5 remotes. I'm running the Mojave's set now. Bolts in the same spot as Mojave do. I think the factory brackets are pricey.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations Front
Any problems clearing the Rubicon swabar disconnect or skidplate?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Any problems clearing the Rubicon swabar disconnect or skidplate?
Zero. Bolts right in place. Did not even adjust the bracket from the Mojave. I will do the nut certs in the frame to hold the line in place, like the Mojave have. The bolt holes are all ready there for the remote brackets.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox Reservoir Shocks - Front Reservoir Mounting Locations Front
Those hoses on the factory Mojave shocks are actually longer than the hoses on the 2.5ā€™s. You wonā€™t have enough hose to mount the aftermarket ones in that spot.
Sponsored