OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
I would go with the RK shocks over Falcons. Custom-tuned Foxes over anything.
I have RK shocks right now. I like them but charging is a pain. The closest place to recharge is 1 hour away. I know I can buy the kit but I am not equipped to do it myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
I was advised buy my local RK installer that the Falcon wasn't a good match for the RK springs. 🤷‍♂️
I was under the same impression but a local shop is recommending falcons.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I

If you actually know off road racers then you would know off road racing shocks vs out of the box fox 2.0 Shocks is not even close by 1%. Totally different topic. This is for the original person asking, and he’s not an off road racer spending 12k on Offroad racing coil overs etc.
You don’t have to be an off-road racer to understand tuning shocks. Fox is literally at the top of the list in most areas of Motorsports. Falcon isn’t even near the top just in the off-road community.

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
A common misconception is Falcon shocks only work with linear springs; which is false. On the JK Falcons it is true that they were tuned in Teraflex linear springs, but they work with with both linear and progressive rate springs. However, on the JL Falcon's they where tuned in with the dual rate progressive springs that come in the JL/JT kits, but they work with both types as well.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for opinions on which ones will give you the best ride Fox 2.0 or Falcon 2.1 SP2 shocks with RK X-Factor Flex Kit. I am currently running RRD 2.25 and I love the ride as I am 100% on road but recharging the shock is a pain as I have to take it to 4x4 shop to do that.

Which one would you recommend for a smooth ride?
You're going to get varying opinions on this topic but I have a question for you. You say you love the shocks you have but don't want to deal with the hassle of recharging them??? That is EXACTLY what I would do if I were you.
Take it from a guy who is running both Falcon and Fox and working with the awesome guys at @AccuTunedJL. They just returned my wife's Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks from their second tuning to help address some issues she has with her neck.
I am beyond grateful for those guys but with that being said if I had a pair of shocks I loved and knew how they rode I'd rebuild those suckers all day long and keep running them.

If you are bent on getting new shocks I can tell you the Falcon 3.1 are STIFF on road and can take a beating off road. If you go with the Fox ones hands down do it through Accutune and take advantage of their expertise in shock tuning, you won't regret it.

BTW @AccuTunedJL, I got the shocks back yesterday but who knows when I will get time to put them, lol.

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I have RK shocks right now. I like them but charging is a pain. The closest place to recharge is 1 hour away. I know I can buy the kit but I am not equipped to do it myself.
Curious what you mean by this. Are you having to recharge your shocks often? Or why are you mentioning the recharge?

Also, you mentioned you you love the ride of your current shocks.... have you ridden in another Jeep with different shocks? I too thought I had good shocks until I rode in something else that was tuned.... boy was I wrong. (Just my personal experience though)

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Curious what you mean by this. Are you having to recharge your shocks often? Or why are you mentioning the recharge?

Also, you mentioned you you love the ride of your current shocks.... have you ridden in another Jeep with different shocks? I too thought I had good shocks until I rode in something else that was tuned.... boy was I wrong. (Just my personal experience though)
Well they recommend recharging every 6 months, but due to weather I have to do it every 3 months and they said where you have wide temp swings this is a common thing.

No I haven’t been in other Wrangler besides the stock stuff so it’s hard for me to gauge that’s why I was hoping to get opinions here.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Anyways dude you started the thread and don’t need people blowing you up arguing, you asked for a simple out of the box option and if you want a more overall longer lasting shock I’ve had both on trucks and jeeps and the falcon is better hands down. If you want a more basic feel a bit softer on initial small bumps but can’t handle harder Offroad as much, get the foxes for comfort. Btw the falcons now adjust out of the box between performance and soft. The fox is one setting unless pay for it tuned and that’s not what you seem to be looking for. Also the falcon does a far better job against larger bumps bottoming out etc. whatever you get their both good. And my opinion only applies to the basics of both once you upgrade to the next tier it’s a different story

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Well they recommend recharging every 6 months, but due to weather I have to do it every 3 months and they said where you have wide temp swings this is a common thing.

No I haven’t been in other Wrangler besides the stock stuff so it’s hard for me to gauge that’s why I was hoping to get opinions here.
Wow. Nitrogen levels would only change if the seals are not up to the task. The Nitrogen is either escaping through the top cap, schrader valve or back into the shock oil.
We've not seen an issue with Fox/King seals anywhere in the US.

Totally get it, hopefully you can get some good feedback on here. If you have any specific questions about Fox shocks, feel free to shoot us a message.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Falcon hands down. Unless you want your car to feel like a soft cushioned wrangler. Once off-road the foxes get wrecked by the Falcons. Especially on high speed stuff. Also the Falcon customer service and warranty is way stronger. Hands down. Like I said unless you don't want an off-road rig and you're just wanted a soft riding feel. then take the fox. However, stiffer is better
What Fox shocks are you comparing your Falcons to? Untuned Fox 2.0s? Then sure the adjustable Falcons will be better for high speed offroad driving (although the Fox 2.0s are more comfortable onroad IMO).

If you're comparing to Fox 2.5 DSCs then there is no question, the Fox's are much better than the Falcons.

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
What Fox shocks are you comparing your Falcons to? Untuned Fox 2.0s? Then sure the adjustable Falcons will be better for high speed offroad driving (although the Fox 2.0s are more comfortable onroad IMO).

If you're comparing to Fox 2.5 DSCs then there is no question, the Fox's are much better than the Falcons.
Out of the box fox 2.0 vs falcon 2.1’s. that’s what he asked. Why would a custom tuned fox shock ever be compared to an out-of-the-box monotube falcon? None of you guys know how to compare apples to apples obviously. I hope you guys are getting paid by Fox for all you random people who are trying to argue with my simple comment that a basic out of the box falcon is better than a basic out of the box fox shock

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Watching this thread is like watching someone ask whether a stock F1 50 or a stock ram 1500 is better and then some random dude trying to argue why the raptor or trx is better than a stock f150 when nobody is even talking about performance racing trucks.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Watching this thread is like watching someone ask whether a stock F1 50 or a stock ram 1500 is better and then some random dude trying to argue why the raptor or trx is better than a stock f150 when nobody is even talking about performance racing trucks.
So... why are you still watching it let alone commenting on it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox or Falcon shocks with RK Lift 1612560931077

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
So... why are you still watching it let alone commenting on it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox or Falcon shocks with RK Lift 1612560931077
Because it’s funny seeing how many people don’t know how to read or are so focused on hearing themselves they don’t even know where the thread started. I’ll stay but thanks

MadMaxJLUR

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Grey Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Falcon hands down. Unless you want your car to feel like a soft cushioned wrangler. Once off-road the foxes get wrecked by the Falcons. Especially on high speed stuff. Also the Falcon customer service and warranty is way stronger. Hands down. Like I said unless you don't want an off-road rig and you're just wanted a soft riding feel. then take the fox. However, stiffer is better
would you go for a rear track bar and steering stabilizer with that or not when lifting say with Falcon 2.1 SP2 with Teraflex on 33s on JLUR?
Sponsored