Sponsored

Fox or Falcon shocks with RK Lift

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Looking for opinions on which ones will give you the best ride Fox 2.0 or Falcon 2.1 SP2 shocks with RK X-Factor Flex Kit. I am currently running RRD 2.25 and I love the ride as I am 100% on road but recharging the shock is a pain as I have to take it to 4x4 shop to do that.

Which one would you recommend for a smooth ride?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for opinions on which ones will give you the best ride Fox 2.0 or Falcon 2.1 SP2 shocks with RK X-Factor Flex Kit. I am currently running RRD 2.25 and I love the ride as I am 100% on road but recharging the shock is a pain as I have to take it to 4x4 shop to do that.

Which one would you recommend for a smooth ride?
Not even close, Fox , IMO.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
I was advised buy my local RK installer that the Falcon wasn't a good match for the RK springs. 🤷‍♂️

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Falcon hands down. Unless you want your car to feel like a soft cushioned wrangler. Once off-road the foxes get wrecked by the Falcons. Especially on high speed stuff. Also the Falcon customer service and warranty is way stronger. Hands down. Like I said unless you don't want an off-road rig and you're just wanted a soft riding feel. then take the fox. However, stiffer is better

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Best of both worlds, custom tuned Fox shocks. đź‘Ť
tuned foxes are good and im not a fox hater, I support their brand but quality build wise and off-roading, out of the box the Falconis a better shock IMO and I've had Botha multiple times. But its what you like

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
tuned foxes are good and im not a fox hater, I support their brand but quality build wise and off-roading, out of the box the Falconis a better shock IMO and I've had Botha multiple times. But its what you like
Are you referring to a Fox 2.0 IFP, or which Fox shock are you referring to exactly? They have several options that can fit your needs

Last edited:

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
sounds like he's buying either Fox 2.0 or Falcon 2.1 out of the box @AccuTunedJL so that's what I was referring to.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Had first gen Falcon 2.1s. Loved them above 50mph and offroad. Under 50, they weren't as soft as I'd like. Running FOX 2.0 now, are softer and overall I like them better because I spend a lot of time in the city. Note, Teraflex now has gen 2 of the Falcons out and the 2.1 has a soft or performance setting (not easy to change but its there). I wouldn't rule out the new Falcons and plan on putting them on the soft setting. Good luck. Either is going to be a good ride and if you hate it, they both have great resale value.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well good luck. I doubt that either shock is tuned well for your lift. One of my buds just added the Flacon shocks to his JLUR. The dam thing might as well be a lumber wagon. If there is any tech person at Falcon or Fox that you could call and speak with before ordering is what I would do. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

I have the fox shocks on my SBXJ. They ride just okay. Then again, my expectation for my SBXJ that is 23 years old is a little different than a newer JL.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I
Hundreds of off-road racers would disagree with this statement.
If you actually know off road racers then you would know off road racing shocks vs out of the box fox 2.0 Shocks is not even close by 1%. Totally different topic. This is for the original person asking, and he’s not an off road racer spending 12k on Offroad racing coil overs etc.

OP
OP
Thashef

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
I am not an off-roader at all. It seems like fox overall provide a stiffer ride, am I understanding this correctly?
Sponsored