Sponsored

FOX ATS Steering Stabilizer for 2022 392 XR?

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
I got the steer smart drag link and tie rod for a 22xr 392, do I need anything else to install it ? I also got the ats ss for a jk it’s what I was told to order.
Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
22 XR. Could not get the FOX axle bracket to fit. Mini sledge persuasion and still no. Could have drilled it, but instead relocated to track bar bolt with tie rod clamp. Removed old tie rod bracket and installed some replacement bolts to fill the holes.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the steer smart drag link and tie rod for a 22xr 392, do I need anything else to install it ? I also got the ats ss for a jk it’s what I was told to order.
So long as your Steer Smarts tie rod diameter is the same diameter as the stock JK tie rod, then all you need is a replacement track bar bolt (FOX or Synergy), unless you are doing a relocation bracket (e.g. Metalcloak). The JK kit comes with the tie rod clamp in lieu of the axle bracket (I have the JL kit and replaced my stabilizer’s axle bracket with a FOX tie rod clamp and I have the Synergy tie rod clamp as well (uninstalled)). The JK kit’s spacers are both thin/the same thickness, whereas the JL kit’s spacers are different (one thicker and one thinner, as needed if using the OEM tie rod stabilizer bracket). Either set of spacers works for track bar bolt mounting (and are better than washers). I can provide the exact measurements (thickness) of the spacers, if needed (as I had ordered extras of both direct from FOX). Those are the only ATS kit differences beyond cosmetics.

Last edited:

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm seeing so many different threads on whether or not the Fox SS ATS actually fits the 392 from 2022 onward for an XR package. Has anyone confirmed they were able to install this thing successfully without any alignment issues for the bolts? I know you have to buy the old 15MM bolt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i can't find ANY consistent information on this anywhere

Thanks
Mike
Works on/for some and not for others. FOX knows of the issue. Unclear if the problem is on their end (bad batch of brackets) or on Jeep’s end (e.g. axle casting variance). Only one way to find out. Easy to overcome if an issue, if needed. Any questions, let me know, as I did this the hard way and went through all options.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Yes, I have it on my ‘22 392XR. For the most part it fits without any problem. On mine the bracket it came with was very slightly off. I just had to brace it slightly with a large screwdriver while I threaded one of the bracket bolts, then tightened them all down and it was fine. Others have reported their brackets fit without problem, so I think it’s just random slight manufacturing variation. The reservoir can be swiveled and adjusted to fit without rubbing anything.

The only thing I found was that Jeep changed the carriage bolt on the ‘22+ models and put a longer carriage section on the bolt that wont work with the Fox bushings. I recommend you order the original pre-22 carriage bolt (part# 6510774AA). See pic below for side by side of the bolts. I installed mine about 6-7 months ago, so not sure if Fox has since made their own accommodation for the carriage bolt issue or not, but this was necessary for mine.

C2604288-43E7-4309-A166-F15B1277A521.jpeg

1674134590971.jpeg
The underside of my jeep didn’t look that clean the day I bought it! incredible!

Sponsored

Jgc650i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 392XR, 22 Ram 1500 Lmtd, 24 Audi SQ8
The underside of my jeep didn’t look that clean the day I bought it! incredible!
Ha! Yes, that was short lived. Not even remotely that clean these days. The pic was taken a couple days after I originally took delivery when I installed the stabilizer.