Sponsored

Fox ATS Race Series 2.0 Steering Stabilizer (JK or JL)?

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
The last xr I lifted was a 2.5 rk and I left the front bumps as is, you can cycle the suspension to be sure, ( which i always recommend) but I wouldn’t worry about finding something in writing, I always check everything out hands on….
I’ll try… limited resources 😬

I can probably go side/side with axle, not sure how to test linear compression tho.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll try… limited resources 😬

I can probably go side/side with axle, not sure how to test linear compression tho.
I’m pretty sure you’re good, if for some reason it did make contact it would not be catastrophic. Where you want to look for clearance is the radiator bracket under the cross member over the tie rod where the clamp will be…… shoot me a pic once it’s installed…..

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Thanks Roky! You are the man. It’ll be a few weeks before I get back and can knock it out. Excited to get this beotch “finished”.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Roky! You are the man. It’ll be a few weeks before I get back and can knock it out. Excited to get this beotch “finished”.
Sure man, anytime….

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Sure man, anytime….
After I ordered the JK ATS, I got home and took measurements. With my current bumps, there isn’t room to clear.

Tie rod to radiator bolt:
8.75”

ATS height above tie rod:
4.5”

Available uptravel:
4.625”

It looks like I order to miss the radiator at full squish, I have 3 options:

- Switch from ATS to TS
- Add bump
- Leave as is until I smash it then decide

A steering stabilizer seems like a silly reason to sacrifice up-travel. Leaning toward TS or bashing my current one.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After I ordered the JK ATS, I got home and took measurements. With my current bumps, there isn’t room to clear.

Tie rod to radiator bolt:
8.75”

ATS height above tie rod:
4.5”

Available uptravel:
4.625”

It looks like I order to miss the radiator at full squish, I have 3 options:

- Switch from ATS to TS
- Add bump
- Leave as is until I smash it then decide

A steering stabilizer seems like a silly reason to sacrifice up-travel. Leaning toward TS or bashing my current one.
You can spin the resi to change orientation so you might be able to find a position it will work…how are you determining your amount of up travel ? Please show your work, lol….

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Up-travel:
- Measured jounce tower to front bump stop. The XR bumps are long enough for my 35s and I don’t really want to add any more.

Tie rod
- Assumed the tie rod would move vertically the same distance as the axle since it’s connected at both ends.

I don’t have an auto shop or a forklift or any way to measure flex other than finding a rock on a trail.

I assumed worst case would be a hard hit filling compressing to the bumps… that’d slam into the radiator.

I guess the XR jounce are 1 3/8” longer than Rubi, so this kinda makes sense after taking the measurements.

What am I doing wrong?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Up-travel:
- Measured jounce tower to front bump stop. The XR bumps are long enough for my 35s and I don’t really want to add any more.

Tie rod
- Assumed the tie rod would move vertically the same distance as the axle since it’s connected at both ends.

I don’t have an auto shop or a forklift or any way to measure flex other than finding a rock on a trail.

I assumed worst case would be a hard hit filling compressing to the bumps… that’d slam into the radiator.

I guess the XR jounce are 1 3/8” longer than Rubi, so this kinda makes sense after taking the measurements.

What am I doing wrong?
Not doing anything wrong, I just wanted to make sure we’re on the same page. According to your numbers, you have a 3/8” difference. This is at a hard enough hit to bottom out the jounce, that’s like getting airborne and landing on the front wheels….. you know best, you’re hands on, I can’t see anything ( no pics) so all I can do is share my own experiences, which are not apples to apples all the time…

My resi got thunked in the head by my track bar on the trail when stuffed and turning passenger. It wasn’t a hard hit, and only happened in a certain scenario, so I chose to keep running it….

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox ATS Race Series 2.0 Steering Stabilizer (JK or JL)? E2C3AF6B-47E4-4F6F-AE29-4EADC6895B99
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox ATS Race Series 2.0 Steering Stabilizer (JK or JL)? E5ADD203-CB31-4593-AAB6-0A5F1F307F29
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox ATS Race Series 2.0 Steering Stabilizer (JK or JL)? 68606909-F649-42BF-9569-BA9E1EB13F16

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Hopefully my last dumb question :)

The Clayton bracket instructions have me installing with the axle only lifted, and installing so the shaft is centered when the wheels are centered.

The Fox instructions emphasize installing at full droop, and having 1/4" of shaft exposed with the wheels full to one side.

Which is the more correct way to install in your experience? These directions are completely contradictory.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

The Clayton bracket instructions have me installing with the axle only lifted, and installing so the shaft is centered when the wheels are centered.

The Fox instructions emphasize installing at full droop, and having 1/4" of shaft exposed with the wheels full to one side.

Which is the more correct way to install in your experience? These directions are completely contradictory.
Install shock on axle side, with the wheels straight equal out the through shaft on both sides of the shock body, should be about 4 ish inches on both sides. Tighten the tie rod clamp, turn wheels to full lock both ways to make sure that the stabilizer isn’t bottoming out, and you’re hitting the wheel stops….

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Install shock on axle side, with the wheels straight equal out the through shaft on both sides of the shock body, should be about 4 ish inches on both sides. Tighten the tie rod clamp, turn wheels to full lock both ways to make sure that the stabilizer isn’t bottoming out, and you’re hitting the wheel stops….
At full droop or at ride height? Does that even matter? Wondering why Fox insists on full droop.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
At full droop or at ride height? Does that even matter? Wondering why Fox insists on full droop.
On the ground……..It’s easier to replace shocks while they’re extended, but I never use a lift to install a ss……

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox ATS Race Series 2.0 Steering Stabilizer (JK or JL)? C3722EE4-2024-467B-8283-7C0B56E6EE28

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
I lifted my front end during install because the Fox warnings were very intimidating :LOL:

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
wow; all this for a steering stabilizer?
so complicated,..

i did mine with the J**p on the ground in the street out in front of the house.

Sponsored