Sponsored

Fox ATS Race Series 2.0 Steering Stabilizer (JK or JL)?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the JL one does not and it even says you need to enlarge it on the instructions.
Are you referring to installing in OEM location on Tie Rod mount? I could see that possibly being issue with the bolt change on newer models but not when relocating using Synergy track bar bolt.
Sponsored

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Sorry. I think I understand now. You are relocating the OEM stabilizer.
No I’m referring to the JL Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer, that’s the reason it’s still sitting in my garage. I couldn’t get the hole enlarged to fit on the Synergy bolt

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
No I’m referring to the JL Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer, that’s the reason it’s still sitting in my garage. I couldn’t get the hole enlarged to fit on the Synergy bolt
It should not require enlarging the hole. The note you are referring to above is for the OEM SS. Once you replace your track bar axle side bolt with Synergy bolt the ATS slides right on with spacers and bolts with button head. Not sure where you are encountering issue 🤷‍♂️

93632864-8880-4F35-B666-DDFDCE2AB58B.jpeg

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant axle side not frame side

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
You mean you could never drill out the end of the OEM steering stabilizer? The axle side (unless my memory is failing) does not require any drilling for the Synergy stud to screw in.

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No on the axle side of the 2.0 Fox ATS. It’s like .496” and needs to be enlarged to slightly over .5” to accommodate the Synergy relocation bolt

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No on the axle side of the 2.0 Fox ATS. It’s like .496” and needs to be enlarged to slightly over .5” to accommodate the Synergy relocation bolt
I have the Fox ATS and it bolted right up--zero drilling required. Seems weird that it would have to be.

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Fox ATS and it bolted right up--zero drilling required. Seems weird that it would have to be.

My thoughts too, but in my case it absolutely will NOT just slip right on to the Synergy bolt. Or it would be on the Jeep. I tried to force it on and it was a bad idea and I almost damaged the stabilizer trying to get it off. According to my digital calipers the hole needs to be enlarged from .496 to a little over .5”

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts too, but in my case it absolutely will NOT just slip right on to the Synergy bolt. Or it would be on the Jeep. I tried to force it on and it was a bad idea and I almost damaged the stabilizer trying to get it off. According to my digital calipers the hole needs to be enlarged from .496 to a little over .5”
Well that is a shame. It would probably be easier to reduce the diameter of the bolt versus messing with the stabilizer. A few minutes in a drill with some emery cloth would likely take care of it.

Sponsored

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that is a shame. It would probably be easier to reduce the diameter of the bolt versus messing with the stabilizer. A few minutes in a drill with some emery cloth would likely take care of it.
Actuality that’s quite a great idea, maybe after the snow melts I’ll give it a shot.
Thanks, Happy New Year

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Fighting for hours with the JL ATS axle side bracket... what a piece of shit. It's 3 holes, can get the two front facing but the third won't align, or get the third threaded up and the other two won't align. This is a stupid problem.

My dumbass fault for not dry-fitting it before mounting it to the shock (assumed it would have fit) now I'm kinda stuck or risk stripping those soft screws breaking the red 271 so i can maybe bend/bang it into alignment? or do i just punt this thing back? or do i pivot into a JK style mount which will set me back some time gathering those parts.

YouTube said this was a 20minute job! ..had the bracket fit as expected it would have been.
Known issue by Fox (I had the same problem). They told me to drill the bracket, and while I could have done so without issue, they should do better…

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The Mopar factory bracket lines up perfectly flush. The Fox one does not line up at all. It's way off.
No matter how loose or what screws are started with. The axle mounting point seems very robust if it does hang lower. It's disappointing seeing this from Fox.
This is why I went track bar bolt and tie rod clamp (after messing with it for too long and not wanting to drill), notwithstanding better physical placement. Depending upon your JL, and if you could get the bracket to fit, you may still also need an “older style” tie rod bracket bolt as well (smaller shoulder).

The Teraflex stabilizer and bracket I had on my old JLUR fit flawlessly (except for needing the “less-shouldered” bolt).

Lastly, for what it’s worth, the two Fox eyelet spacers included with the JK kit are the same size as the smaller one included within the JL kit.

I may change my Fox track bar bolt and clamp to Synergy’s versions that I still have sitting here (as they appear superior), but so far zero issues with the Fox track bar bolt and tie rod clamp setup.

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
I’m wanting to relocate my JL ATS stabilizer but this thread has me just wanting to break it first.

After reading everything I’m more confused than when I started.
Can anyone recap what the EASIEST no drill solution is?

Im not above selling my JL stabilizer to get a JK stabilizer.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m wanting to relocate my JL ATS stabilizer but this thread has me just wanting to break it first.

After reading everything I’m more confused than when I started.
Can anyone recap what the EASIEST no drill solution is?

That’s the easiest thing to do……
Sponsored