Sponsored

Fox ATS or Teraflex Falcon 2.2 stabilizer?

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
So here’s my deal, I put 315/70/17 KOs (8.5”rims)on my Rubicon and right away I could tell the steering was not as good as stock, (wonders a bit) I also have the Teraflex 2.5 spacer kit that I was going to install to get the clearance back for light to moderate off roading, problem is this is also going to be our retirement vehicle in a couple years and if the wife doesn’t want to drive it after the mods, what’s the point of continuing, so, will one of these steering stabilizer get the wife to drive it again or not?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So here’s my deal, I put 315/70/17 KOs (8.5”rims)on my Rubicon and right away I could tell the steering was not as good as stock, (wonders a bit) I also have the Teraflex 2.5 spacer kit that I was going to install to get the clearance back for light to moderate off roading, problem is this is also going to be our retirement vehicle in a couple years and if the wife doesn’t want to drive it after the mods, what’s the point of continuing, so, will one of these steering stabilizer get the wife to drive it again or not?
This one will……if you have your caster right, and don’t have overinflated tires, etc….

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox ATS or Teraflex Falcon 2.2 stabilizer? FFDE25DC-80C5-460B-9536-9E1F771435F7

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...is-a-steering-stabilizer-new-for-jeeps.84839/

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 Ford F-150
I installed the Fox stabilizer after I went to a 35"x 12.5" tire with a 2 1/2" lift. It helped big time. The tire guys overinflated the tires initially and as a result it was very squirrelly. I dropped down to 30 psi and that also was a huge help.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
ok.. so wife test means the most...
i've been playing with various stabilizers (steersmarts, falcon 2.2 and the roadmaster)
a few weeks ago i replace my steersmarts stabilizer the roadmaster and my wife was "ok" with it, i expected a bit more, but its her daily driver so it's her call she said.. "eh, leave it"
this past weekend i replaced our falcon 3.3s with Fox 2.0s because they were were just too stiff for our liking, while i was under there i took off the roadmaster and put on the falcon 2.2. she called me at work the next day.. she liked the suspension feel (the fox shocks are quite a bit more plush) but she doesn't like at all what i did to the steering. so it looks like i'm going back to the road master. (i MAY exchange it for a bit firmer one)

a bit of background..
i was very skeptical about the roadmaster, their threads here are a bit offputting and a little over the top, and the whole "we filled them wrong" mishap was a bit annoying, BUT.. the product seems viable. i'll see how this second round with it goes this weekend.

@Eischman if you're interested in paying shipping both ways you're welcome to test my falcon after i remove it.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, Mr. R Thought you always liked your FOX ATS. When did you change out? Thought you didn't like that new exact center because sat to low? Curious minds want to know.
Hey bud….. love the Fox ATS, it works great…… I had my doubts about this EC at first, then I tested it and found that I like it better. I didn’t care about where it mounted, as I knew I was gonna relocate it to the tie rod anyway.
There’s a couple reviews I did on it in my build thread……….

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bud….. love the Fox ATS, it works great…… I had my doubts about this EC at first, then I tested it and found that I like it better. I didn’t care about where it mounted, as I knew I was gonna relocate it to the tie rod anyway.
There’s a couple reviews I did on it in my build thread……….
So you can just move any of these around anywhere you like?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I would actualy recomend going with the FOX Performance Series 2.0 IFP Steering Stabilizer instead.

OP
OP
Eischman

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I installed the Fox stabilizer after I went to a 35"x 12.5" tire with a 2 1/2" lift. It helped big time. The tire guys overinflated the tires initially and as a result it was very squirrelly. I dropped down to 30 psi and that also was a huge help.
Discount tires just mounted them 2 weeks ago and said they inflated them to what the tag says inside the driver door, I’ll check that, If I remember right it’s 37psi (I have the C load range)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So you can just move any of these around anywhere you like?
Lol…… no, just up on the tie rod, so they don’t get bashed on the trail…just google search relocating steering stabilizer on JL , there’s some pics and vids on it…..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eischman

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I know sometimes just because it’s double the cost doesn’t mean it’s twice as good but most of the time it is, that’s why I picked the two I have listed , I don’t care about the price I just need it to work.

OP
OP
Eischman

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
…and their adjustable!!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Consider the 2.1. You'll (very) likely stay on the middle setting 100% of the time.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lol…… no, just up on the tie rod, so they don’t get bashed on the trail…just google search relocating steering stabilizer on JL , there’s some pics and vids on it…..
Hey, don't be LOL at me. :facepalm: Hurt my feelings. 😎 I just looked at mine and I know I don't have the same as you under mine but I don't see how I could even move any around.

20220429_115711.jpg

20220429_115635.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok just watched video and he used the Synergy Relocation Steering Stabilizer to move Fox SS up on the bar above it. It looked like he used a different bolt to attach it to the tie rod. He didn't use the same bolt he pulled from tie rod ??????? It was not the Fox 2.0 ATS it was just the normal Fox SS.

OK just watched 2nd one for the Fox 2.0 ATS and he put his on opposite the first guy. The first guy put the base (bottom) to the right and the 2nd 2.0 guy put base(bottom) to the left toward shock. Why the 2 different ways?????

Ok just watched one for the Jeep JL Wrangler Steering Stabilizer Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Installation Totally different one. His base went shock side too. So as you said the ATS is better than these ???
Sponsored

Last edited: