Sponsored

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
I'm about to pull the trigger on the $440 Fox ATS, everyone still happy? I'm on K02's in 315 and Dynatrac 2" lift. My rig tracks better than stock but I get a slight bobble on freeway joints and I can feel every crack and pot hole around town.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I'm about to pull the trigger on the $440 Fox ATS, everyone still happy? I'm on K02's in 315 and Dynatrac 2" lift. My rig tracks better than stock but I get a slight bobble on freeway joints and I can feel every crack and pot hole around town.
Ask Northridge if they have a sale coming up, I paid 370 and shipping was quick. I’m happy with it but I also upgraded the steering system which helped tremendously!! I’m running 37’s and the stock track bar bowed quite a bit when turning and the axle was 3/4” off. The Yeti adjustable TB is awesome!!

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased this blind since I had yet to see one installed on a JL. There were a few at SEMA but most had aftermarket axles, and the one that looked stock had it mounted over the tie rod similar to the JK.

Installation was very easy, less than 30 minutes from start to finish. No need for adjustment since it uses fixed mounting locations rather than an adjustable tie rod clamp.

Position bothers me a lot considering what these cost. I was hoping like the JK they could get it up and above the tie rod so it wouldn't get beaten up by rocks. I've seen too many JK's damage the factory stabilizer on the trail. I will probably shed a tear the first time this gets damaged. If/when that happens I probably won't get another regardless of how much it improves the steering feel.

Adjustments. Just like the JK it has 27 clicks of adjustment, with the adjustment screw a little easier to access on the JL since it points forward not down. I tried a quick spin around the block at 17 and it seemed to improve the steering feel a little bit, but on the highway at the stiffer settings is where I've found that these really shine. I cranked it up a few clicks as the steering wheel still easily self centered, and will report back tomorrow when I drive home from the shop and back on the highway.
ATSJL.jpg
ATSJL1.jpg
ATSJL2.jpg
I have a JLUR with a 2" Dynatrac lift and KO2's in 315's and although the rig tracks better than stock, I do get a slight bobble when hitting freeway joints and I can feel every road imperfection. All the suspension components have been checked. I'm going to have my shoulder replaced soon so my Jeep's going to be a mall crawler for a while. I'm considering adding both the Fox ATS and Rancho drop brackets. Thoughts? Do both at the same time? One or the other?

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
To evaluate a new component... do one at a time, otherwise you won't be able to determine what affects they produce.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLUR with a 2" Dynatrac lift and KO2's in 315's and although the rig tracks better than stock, I do get a slight bobble when hitting freeway joints and I can feel every road imperfection. All the suspension components have been checked. I'm going to have my shoulder replaced soon so my Jeep's going to be a mall crawler for a while. I'm considering adding both the Fox ATS and Rancho drop brackets. Thoughts? Do both at the same time? One or the other?
I agree with DeVoTee, do one at the time. I would start with the drop brackets if you don't plan on going rock crawling(Those brackets tend to hang coming off rocks.) I don't think either will make a drastic difference at absorbing those road imperfections I think you are feeling, but the drop brackets will keep the control arms more parallel to the ground like the factory arms making the springs/shocks do most of the work.

Did you get the C-Rated 315's? If so, what pressure are you running in them?

Where I noticed the steering stabilizer help the most is with heavy winds, and with road imperfections that run nearly parallel to the road. It doesn't feel like the Jeep wants to follow those imperfections nearly as much as it did with the factory stabilizer. It didn't make the bumps any softer, just keeps the Jeep going straight with less effort due to varying road conditions.

Hope the shoulder replacement doesn't keep you out too long! :beer:

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with DeVoTee, do one at the time. I would start with the drop brackets if you don't plan on going rock crawling(Those brackets tend to hang coming off rocks.) I don't think either will make a drastic difference at absorbing those road imperfections I think you are feeling, but the drop brackets will keep the control arms more parallel to the ground like the factory arms making the springs/shocks do most of the work.

Did you get the C-Rated 315's? If so, what pressure are you running in them?

Where I noticed the steering stabilizer help the most is with heavy winds, and with road imperfections that run nearly parallel to the road. It doesn't feel like the Jeep wants to follow those imperfections nearly as much as it did with the factory stabilizer. It didn't make the bumps any softer, just keeps the Jeep going straight with less effort due to varying road conditions.

Hope the shoulder replacement doesn't keep you out too long! :beer:
thanks for the reply. I'm running C-rated at 30 psi cold. I picked up the Fox ATS at Northridge for 20% off so I'll try it first.

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Would this help a stock JL 2 dr on the highway wandering and highway bump crazyness that follows or mainly for lifted rigs? I've always owned stock Sahara's without the more aggressive shocks of a Rubicon and would like to get some of those highway manners back, up to and including possibly replacing the shocks as well. Steering is tight, it's the aftermath of a bridge girdle or cracked pavement that jostles me around at 70 mph.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Would this help a stock JL 2 dr on the highway wandering and highway bump crazyness that follows or mainly for lifted rigs? I've always owned stock Sahara's without the more aggressive shocks of a Rubicon and would like to get some of those highway manners back, up to and including possibly replacing the shocks as well. Steering is tight, it's the aftermath of a bridge girdle or cracked pavement that jostles me around at 70 mph.
I need to drive our 2dr more at those speeds, but from the short time I've spent driving our 2019 2dr with the factory stabilizer I haven't experienced any of those issues(It has 37's and 2.5" lift, so it may not be a fair comparison). My business partner who owns the 2 door spends a lot of time on the highway, coming from his GTI(He had a JK years ago) I would like to think he would have mentioned similar issues on the highway.

I don't think it will help the wandering at all unless it is caused by windy conditions. It will keep the steering wheel firmer, and going in the direction the wheel is pointed with less input but if something else mechanical is causing the Jeep to "wander" it shouldn't help.

Sponsored

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So does this come with all new mounts? The factory mounts are no needed at all?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone figured out how to relocate this SS yet?
X2! I want a new stabilizer, but not comfortable with where the factory one sits. I would also be ok if there was a good skid to protect it in place of a relo also

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I purchased this blind since I had yet to see one installed on a JL. There were a few at SEMA but most had aftermarket axles, and the one that looked stock had it mounted over the tie rod similar to the JK.

Installation was very easy, less than 30 minutes from start to finish. No need for adjustment since it uses fixed mounting locations rather than an adjustable tie rod clamp.

Position bothers me a lot considering what these cost. I was hoping like the JK they could get it up and above the tie rod so it wouldn't get beaten up by rocks. I've seen too many JK's damage the factory stabilizer on the trail. I will probably shed a tear the first time this gets damaged. If/when that happens I probably won't get another regardless of how much it improves the steering feel.

Adjustments. Just like the JK it has 27 clicks of adjustment, with the adjustment screw a little easier to access on the JL since it points forward not down. I tried a quick spin around the block at 17 and it seemed to improve the steering feel a little bit, but on the highway at the stiffer settings is where I've found that these really shine. I cranked it up a few clicks as the steering wheel still easily self centered, and will report back tomorrow when I drive home from the shop and back on the highway.
ATSJL.jpg
ATSJL1.jpg
ATSJL2.jpg
Looks great but that will get destroyed on the trail.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great but that will get destroyed on the trail.
Yeah I mentioned that as one of my concerns and probably the reason I will get rid of it :movember:
I purchased it blind and figured it would mount similar to the JK variation(over the tie rod)

I will be switching to hydro assist in the near future :like:
Sponsored