Sponsored

Fox 983-02-148 Steering Stabilizer; where to buy?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
anyone know where to find one of these 983-02-148s in stock? seems difficult to find.
Sponsored

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I got my Fox stabilizer off eBay. Had best price and availability. Go figure

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I got the JL version from Quadratec. They were OOS and had a shipping date a few weeks out but I actually received it pretty quickly. Maybe a week.

The stabilizer is outstanding, btw.

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
yeah, thanks Joe, but 4WP doesn't actually stock much, and their Supply Chain is horrendous. (you should hear some of their Suppliers complain about them!)
they're claiming they won't see one before the end of the year, if we're lucky.

thanks, but the link you linked to from Morris is for a different part; the one i'm looking for is listed as Out of Stock.
https://www.morris4x4center.com/fox-2-0-factory-series-steering-stabilizer.html

Nope... but your best bet is going to be company like 4WP who has a large network of stores/inventory. I'd give your local store a call.

Edit: Morris 4x4 says on their site they have in stock allegedly.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/fox...GBXvSGXZLatvAflw88Y-2Pjuofc81qDRoCprcQAvD_BwE

Sponsored

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
thanks, Dan. i might play it that way but was planning on mounting stock for a while.
as with so many things J**p, i may end up doing one thing for a while, then changing it,... ;-)

I got the JL version from Quadratec. They were OOS and had a shipping date a few weeks out but I actually received it pretty quickly. Maybe a week.

The stabilizer is outstanding, btw.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, Dan. i might play it that way but was planning on mounting stock for a while.
as with so many things J**p, i may end up doing one thing for a while, then changing it,... ;-)
Mine is stock and I'm ok with it. There are a few other things that hang lower, like the front (axle) lower control arm mounts. Installation was simple and everything fit exactly as it should. And it drives beautifully. You can really fine tune it to your desires.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I'd suggest you get the JK version, it allows you to relocate it without extra bracketry. Just as hard to find in stock right now though.
Another vote for JK version. 1-1/2" of 1-5/8" clamp depending on your tier rod diameter. I would not put stabilizer in stock location. I banged mine pretty bad even when trying to be careful.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
thanks, guys; tips noted!

I'd suggest you get the JK version, it allows you to relocate it without extra bracketry. Just as hard to find in stock right now though.
Another vote for JK version. 1-1/2" of 1-5/8" clamp depending on your tier rod diameter. I would not put stabilizer in stock location. I banged mine pretty bad even when trying to be careful.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
yeah, thanks Joe, but 4WP doesn't actually stock much, and their Supply Chain is horrendous. (you should hear some of their Suppliers complain about them!)

thanks, but the link you linked to from Morris is for a different part; the one i'm looking for is listed as Out of Stock.
Yeah 4WP is garbage. Try Northridge or Quadratec. Also recommend the JK version.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK

4wp has about 5 large distribution centers across the US but they're in the same boat as most retailers with having no stock or barely any. It s a tough time for all of us especially with the coming holidays and people hoping to get things for Christmas.

You are absolutely welcome to message me and I can check stock on products. That goes for anyone truly. Always call or chat in to get updated info. if you're unsure about lead times.

-Julia

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
4wp has about 5 large distribution centers across the US but they're in the same boat as most retailers with having no stock or barely any. It s a tough time for all of us especially with the coming holidays and people hoping to get things for Christmas.

You are absolutely welcome to message me and I can check stock on products. That goes for anyone truly. Always call or chat in to get updated info. if you're unsure about lead times.

-Julia
This is the item that was out of stock for while. I could not find any so I bought the one with 1-1/2" clamp and bore it to 1-5/8".

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
FOLLOW-UP
found a JK version in stock and mounted it high with the help of a few Synergy bits.

keeping in mind that my JLU drove better without the stock stabilizer than with it, it shouldn’t be a surprise that the Fox worked better.
much better.

my J**p was noticeably better mannered as soon as i get it all set up. after rolling it up from where it was originally set at about 6 clicks to about 17, even the Bump Steer i’ve been chasing is almost indiscernible.

bottom line; the stock SS on my Willys caused more problems than it solved.
the Fox ATS makes the J**p drive more like it always should have.
Sponsored