old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Hello friends,

Im in the final stages of deciding for my lift kit for the 2020 JLUR.

I have narrowed it down to 2 options.. Fox 2.5 or OME BP51 for the shocks.

Need your advice which one will be best for the JLUR. Daily drive but weekend warrior to medium-advanced trail. Im looking at 3.5 inch lift.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You get more travel out of the fox shocks i believe, i dont think they have very long lengths with the bps, but i could be wrong. However straight out of the box the bps will probably ride a little better, nature of the bypass.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I've been watching some Shock Surplus videos lately and they seem to be pretty knowledgeable and if you engage them and explain how you drive and what you want to do with your Jeep like percentage of daily driver and off road you plan to do they can customize or at least explain why to choose one over the other. Or just watch some of the you tube videos https://www.shocksurplus.com/

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I think the BP-51's are rebound and compression adjustable, plus bypass. Fox is only compression adjustable. Think you have to go to the Fox 3.0 to get the same as BP-51's.
The BP-51's are not much longer than stock length.

OP
OP

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
I think the BP-51's are rebound and compression adjustable, plus bypass. Fox is only compression adjustable. Think you have to go to the Fox 3.0 to get the same as BP-51's.
The BP-51's are not much longer than stock length.

Thats also my thoughts.. The BP51 has the same tech with the Fox 3.0 at lesser cost. Just wanna make sure the BP51 are as reliable as the Fox 3.0

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What coils are you pairing them with? Hard to go wrong with some tuned 2.5. No experience with the OME

brett

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
I had BP51's on my 5th Gen 4Runner for >40k miles. They're a great system and combines to make a great ride. I know this isn't an apples to apples comparison since the 4Runner has an advantage in ride quality from the get go since it doesn't have a solid front axle. In general, the improvement from stock to BP-51s (w/ 3" lift) was surreal. In slow speed driving it's nice and soft, but it could be firm if you'd prefer that with a quick adjustment on the compression ring.

If I decided to go down a fire road pretty quick, the suspension just soaked up the bumps and make it feel like glass.

Likewise, the build quality and customer service from ARB was unmatched. I had three hard winters on these and they have absolutely no sign of corrosion. The anodized coating ARB uses works great.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably sell the system! It's been sitting in the garage ever since I bought the Wrangler. :facepalm:

OP
OP

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
I had BP51's on my 5th Gen 4Runner for >40k miles. They're a great system and combines to make a great ride. I know this isn't an apples to apples comparison since the 4Runner has an advantage in ride quality from the get go since it doesn't have a solid front axle. In general, the improvement from stock to BP-51s (w/ 3" lift) was surreal. In slow speed driving it's nice and soft, but it could be firm if you'd prefer that with a quick adjustment on the compression ring.

If I decided to go down a fire road pretty quick, the suspension just soaked up the bumps and make it feel like glass.

Likewise, the build quality and customer service from ARB was unmatched. I had three hard winters on these and they have absolutely no sign of corrosion. The anodized coating ARB uses works great.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably sell the system! It's been sitting in the garage ever since I bought the Wrangler. :facepalm:

Thats the main things why I wanted the BP51, adjustablility with the ride quality.

Thank you for sharing your experience with them, I think Im going to go with the Old Mans.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

Sponsored

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR
If Im going with the BPs, then the coils will also be OME
Did you get the BP51's, or still waiting for them? I'm in lift decision mode. FWIW, my OME Nitrochargers lasted 70k, which I was happy with. Also, I've gotten great customer service from ARB on other things.
Sponsored