Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed Fox recently listed a Factory Race Series 2.5 Reservoir Shock for the JL on their website. Has anyone installed a set of these yet or know of anyone who has?

I recognize these shocks are severe overkill for my off/on road needs but I'm finding it hard to consider buying anything else now knowing these exist.

Any user experience with this shock would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
maaark

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So far I've been able to find them offered on polyperformance.com and sdhqoffroad.com and I'm unfamiliar with both. Surely the more mainstream off road sites will list these in the near future.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
So far I've been able to find them offered on polyperformance.com and sdhqoffroad.com and I'm unfamiliar with both. Surely the more mainstream off road sites will list these in the near future.
I’ve ordered from both of those companies many times, they are very popular in the go fast off-road community. Good selection of quality suspension components.

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Don’t you think it’s odd that that’s the only place you can get them?
There’s nothing wrong with Poly Performance, they’re a great much of guys that live and breath Jeep’s and off road. At one point they were were a suspension company before the owner split the retail and manufacturing sides up into two operating units, Poly Performance and Synergy Manufacturing.

They typically sell the builder or hard parts you can’t find in the Quadrajunk (how the Jeep community typically refers to Quadratec) catalog.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
They’re also listed on Fox’s site. I spoke with Fox & they confirmef that the 2.5’s are out. I’m still waiting on the 2.0 w/remote reservoirs.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Way too much for shocks unless you are trying to get every single ounce of performance out of your Wrangler and have exhausted all other modifications.

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Way too much for shocks unless you are trying to get every single ounce of performance out of your Wrangler and have exhausted all other modifications.
Don't disagree with this statement one bit. That's more than double what I spent on Fox remote resi shocks for my JK about year or so ago.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I saw these on Northridge’s site as well. Waaaay to rich for my blood and also not needed, for me just for more bling factor anyway. I’m just gonna stick to the standard Fox shocks.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The guy with a Rubicon says that's way to much for shocks LOL.

Serious note though. Ya I'm running 2.5 inch Evo coils with the Falcon 2.1 mono tubes....you literally feel every bump no matter how small....feels like driving a tank. Trust me I wish they weren't that expensive!!!!

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The guy with a Rubicon says that's way to much for shocks LOL.

Serious note though. Ya I'm running 2.5 inch Evo coils with the Falcon 2.1 mono tubes....you literally feel every bump no matter how small....feels like driving a tank. Trust me I wish they weren't that expensive!!!!

Just waiting to see what else is out there I suppose.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
I’m going to purchasing these. Hoping to hear a review first though. My only dilemma is what size. Really leaning towards keeping it stock with 35’s but 37’s look great on the JL. May change my mind and get a 2” lift....
Sponsored