Sponsored

Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer worth the $$$?

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I am on stock Rubi tires and would like to curtail some of the bouncing I get in the front on these crappy Oklahoma roads where we have a lot of cracks, pavement snakes and uneven surface. Steering is tight but would like to feel a little more planted than it currently does. Is the Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer: 1. Worth the price? 2. A significant improvement over the stock steering stabilizer? No lift on the rig, all stock. Comments from experience much appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I’ve installed the Falcon SS and am happy with the results. It has three adjustments - Soft - Medium - Firm and I can tell the difference. The soft setting is like stock, M & F is very noticeable. I normally drive on Medium and if I’m going on a highway run I switch it to firm.

I’ve found that lowering the tire pressure to 36 lbs at the corners helps a lot in making it feel more planted. The steering stabilizer reduces the “lost in the middle” feeling and narrows the wheel play.

OP
OP
VictorChampion

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Thank for the feedback Sorbs. I am sure those are worth the money but I kinda like the price point of the Fox and the simple OEM bolt on set up. I may look at the Falcon's though as most everything I have read and your input has been positive. I keep my air at 36-37 psi (cold) religiously but it seems when they get to operating temps near 39-40 I am kind of all over the road here in Oklahoma. Steering is good, just that wandering about on the interstate at 70 mph.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Everything I’ve been reading says that they are worth the money, with some saying it’s just a “bandaid” but considering there have been some issues the the OEM stabilizers, and not much other stuff that can be linked to the drifts, I consider this a good solution.
Sponsored