Sponsored

Fox 2.0 shocks review - stock height, can you even flex bro?

SDotson52

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited S Altitude
What is the process of replacing the washer? Is it as easy as lining up the new step washer and hammering it to push out the old style? I don't want to damage anything trying to do it myself.

Thanks
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
What is the process of replacing the washer? Is it as easy as lining up the new step washer and hammering it to push out the old style? I don't want to damage anything trying to do it myself.

Thanks
Definitely not easy. I think it would require some sort of hydraulic press. In my case, I called the Vendor that sold me the shocks and explained the situation. They contacted Fox and verified the part revision, and sent out the new updated shocks.

CurlyOffroad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU sport, 20 LR Model Y AWD, 17 Silverado 1500
Occupation
Information Technology
So... I just installed my Fox 2.0's yesterday and noticed this issue. I torqued them to 60 ft lbs. Mine did not come with the step washers. Do you think running them this way will cause long term damage? I didn't hear any cracking while i torqued them down, I just noticed the shock mount bending in a little bit, and decided to do a web search about it, and found this. Cmon Fox! I bought good parts expecting them to fit!!!

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
So... I just installed my Fox 2.0's yesterday and noticed this issue. I torqued them to 60 ft lbs. Mine did not come with the step washers. Do you think running them this way will cause long term damage? I didn't hear any cracking while i torqued them down, I just noticed the shock mount bending in a little bit, and decided to do a web search about it, and found this. Cmon Fox! I bought good parts expecting them to fit!!!
Try contacting the shop where you purchased the shocks explaining you received the old version. They might send out replacements. I'm not sure if running the old version would cause any damage, but Fox must have replaced them with the new version for reason.

CurlyOffroad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU sport, 20 LR Model Y AWD, 17 Silverado 1500
Occupation
Information Technology
Try contacting the shop where you purchased the shocks explaining you received the old version. They might send out replacements. I'm not sure if running the old version would cause any damage, but Fox must have replaced them with the new version for reason.
The improperly sized spacers on the lower mount bent the shock mount tabs in a little bit, nothing I can't bend back with a pair of pliers. I bought them from shocksurplus.com, and won't be using them again.Their only response was to contact Fox. They sent me units built in 2018. Fox will send me the proper spacers, but I don't have the tooling necessary to remove the old ones and press in new ones, not to mention the time i'm wasting after spending good money on parts that were supposed to fit. I emailed the retailer late Friday asking for a discount for the trouble or a return. If they do neither I plan to do a chargeback with my credit card company. From what I understand Fox has been replacing the inventory whenever requested, it just seems that shocksurplus dropped the ball and/or could care less about their customers. Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
A MUST UPGRADE FOR A STOCK JLU RUBICON!

Installed on my Stock 2019 JLU RUBI w/no lift and 33” BFG’s.

I ordered the fronts from Desert Rat last month, made in 11/18, and the rears, made in 7/20, came from 4 Wheel Parts also last month. Both had the correct spacers. On the fronts though, the boxes have been opened and re-taped. I am guessing that for this set Desert Rat opened to add in the spacers as they were placed back in the factory plastic wrap. I installed them today and cannot express how happy I am with the ride on road. It is a significant and noticeable improvement over the stock shocks. I drove about 40 miles afterwards both highway and side streets. Most roads in SW OH are pretty bad and filled with patched potholes and cracks. It’s a softer ride without the of the hopping feel sometimes from the highway semi truck ruts. For the install, I didn’t remove any wheels, but turned them to give me more room to maneuver, and just used hand tools, and a trolley jack to do the trick. It took about an hour and a half for the install. Can’t wait to get off road to take advantage of the extra down travel.

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD

I ordered the fronts from Desert Rat last month, made in 11/18, and the rears, made in 7/20, came from 4 Wheel Parts also last month. Both had the correct spacers. On the fronts though, the boxes have been opened and re-taped. I am guessing that for this set Desert Rat opened to add in the spacers as they were placed back in the factory plastic wrap. I installed them today and cannot express how happy I am with the ride on road. It is a significant and noticeable improvement over the stock shocks. I drove about 40 miles afterwards both highway and side streets. Most roads in SW OH are pretty bad and filled with patched potholes and cracks. It’s a softer ride without the of the hopping feel sometimes from the highway semi truck ruts. For the install, I didn’t remove any wheels, but turned them to give me more room to maneuver, and just used hand tools, and a trolley jack to do the trick. It took about an hour and a half for the install. Can’t wait to get off road to take advantage of the extra down travel.
Thanks for this. I have been on the fence on getting these for my stock Rubi for months and now I think I need to just buy them already

Last edited:

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Glad they worked out for you. Out of the box they should ride much better over stock or any IFP shock. Add some custom valving and they can ride even better. Definitely one of our most recommended shock options for JLs.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Thanks for this. I have been on the fence on getting these for my stock Rubi for months and now I think I need to just buy them already
you do. i put them on my Rubi a few weeks ago, HUGE difference. less roll in the turns and less dive/rebound at stops. love 'em.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That is some sick flex. I have a lot of dive on stops and lift (almost wheelie) on quick acceleration from stop. Now that I see the flex the rubi suspension gets with these shocks this might be my next mod!. Shocks are so easy to install too.

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I have a stock 2019 JLU, just picked up(shock surplus) a full set of Fox 2.0, how do I tell if I have the spacer shocks?

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
My Fox 2.0 shocks that have been on back-order for 6 weeks arrived! Will report in after installing and making a trip to Michigan for trail riding.
Going to order a set for my F350 4x4 if I will them as well as everyone else that have installed.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

you still enjoying that upgrade?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have a stock 2019 JLU, just picked up(shock surplus) a full set of Fox 2.0, how do I tell if I have the spacer shocks?
Did you get them on yet? If so how are they riding?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Glad they worked out for you. Out of the box they should ride much better over stock or any IFP shock. Add some custom valving and they can ride even better. Definitely one of our most recommended shock options for JLs.
Great to hear and see lots of positive feedback. I have a sport JLU on stock springs and shocks. Would this shock swap out still ride nice on sport springs or should I find a set of rubicon springs to pair with the fox 2.0 for a better ride. I dont do rock crawling but enjoy fire roads, dunes, and casual forest trails.
Sponsored