Sponsored

Fox 2.0 shocks review - stock height, can you even flex bro?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Great to hear and see lots of positive feedback. I have a sport JLU on stock springs and shocks. Would this shock swap out still ride nice on sport springs or should I find a set of rubicon springs to pair with the fox 2.0 for a better ride. I dont do rock crawling but enjoy fire roads, dunes, and casual forest trails.
you should be fine with just shocks
Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Great to hear and see lots of positive feedback. I have a sport JLU on stock springs and shocks. Would this shock swap out still ride nice on sport springs or should I find a set of rubicon springs to pair with the fox 2.0 for a better ride. I dont do rock crawling but enjoy fire roads, dunes, and casual forest trails.
We can make the stock height work, however it just depends on your goals with the Jeep. If you wanted any kind of lift, it would be best to source shocks and springs at the same time.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Did you get them on yet? If so how are they riding?
I think they ride great, helps with those small bumpy roads, feels more stable, also put a Fox 2.0 stabilizer.
My wife thinks it's a waste of money; why are you changing the shocks, on a new Jeep?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
We can make the stock height work, however it just depends on your goals with the Jeep. If you wanted any kind of lift, it would be best to source shocks and springs at the same time.
How would you spec out the Jeep wanting to stay on 33's but want to hit the gravel roads, and whoops faster, and dunes. Is it even worth upgrading shocks and springs. What kind of lift is needed to run 33s with a little bit more fender clearance

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
How would you spec out the Jeep wanting to stay on 33's but want to hit the gravel roads, and whoops faster, and dunes. Is it even worth upgrading shocks and springs. What kind of lift is needed to run 33s with a little bit more fender clearance
PM sent

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The best lift to run 33s is the Rubicon suspension. It was designed by Mopar to run 33s. You can improve on this suspension by adding mopar lift LCAs and fox 2.0 shocks.

You can buy the rubicon springs + shocks from a rubicon owner for around $150. The LCAs you can order online. You can also buy brand new springs if you know the rubicon spring numbers you want, then buy fox shocks.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
you still enjoying that upgrade?
Yes very much so. I’ve since added a winch in the front and about 100 lbs of recovery gear in the rear. Even when loaded with the family and luggage for trips, it rides just as smooth with no bounce. Prices have also came down as more retailers are getting better in stock.

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I’m putting a set of rubicon springs on my 2021 Willys to run with 34s along with some 3/4 spacers. Looks like the general consensus is these shocks will be an improvement over the stock rubicon shocks.

Does anyone have part #’s for the shocks?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@RenoMD or anyone else that's installed the Fox 0-1.5" 2.0 shocks on a stock Rubicon, did you have any problem w/ loose springs at full droop? Looks like according to @AnnDee4444 handy shock reference chart here, that the Fox shocks have an extra 2" droop in front vs. the stock Rubicon shocks. Planning on ordering this set to go on my 2dr Sport S w/ Rubicon springs (resulting in a 2" lift). It seems that this is my only real concern as all the other specs seem close enough to the stock set.
TIA

Sponsored

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed a set of the Fox Shocks for the 1.5 lift. I am running stock rubicon springs right now with .5 spacers all around.

I am wanting to go higher and trying to figure out what size lift I have. Is it considered .5 with the spacers or are the rubicon springs counting towards the overall lift size?

If I can go higher, what springs should I be looking at to max out at the full 1.5”

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just installed a set of the Fox Shocks for the 1.5 lift. I am running stock rubicon springs right now with .5 spacers all around.

I am wanting to go higher and trying to figure out what size lift I have. Is it considered .5 with the spacers or are the rubicon springs counting towards the overall lift size?

If I can go higher, what springs should I be looking at to max out at the full 1.5”
AFAIK the Fox specs are based on a stock Rubicon, so you have up to 1" to add (since you have those 1/2" spacers) and still be able to use those shocks w/out any ill effects. It also depends what Rubicon springs you have, if you have the heaviest (tallest) 4dr Rubicon springs then 1" should be ok to add, you may be able to add even more spacing if you have a shorter Rubicon spring, but to be safe I would keep it at 1" max (if you keep the 1/2" spacers).

I believe Teraflex makes a 1.5" spacer set (and ditch the 1/2" spacers), or you could look into Rubicon springs from a Diesel, those should net about an inch more than non-diesel Rubi springs.
Sponsored