Sponsored

Fox 2.0 Shocks on Sport (no lift)

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport JL 2dr Hella Yella
Was looking at changing out my factory shocks for Fox 2.0 on my 2 door Sport and had a question concerning the chart. Will the 0-1.5 shocks be ok on a Sport without changing out the springs considering it is technically a -1.5 lift and the Rubi is considered a 0 lift? I wasn’t sure if anyone had replaced their stock Sport shocks without upgrading the springs, wasn’t sure if it could cause issues with loose springs, etc. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 Shocks on Sport (no lift) EC8C32E7-C313-4D67-A7F5-3EDBCDA30C71

CD2FABB3-E52A-40A0-B9F2-C58DF8826EFB.jpeg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Under full droop the springs could come loose, they make spring retainer clips for securing them, not sure on cost though. I think I'd just source some Rubicon springs to go w/ those shocks if you get that Fox set.
I have the same 0-1.5 Fox set on my 2dr w/ Rubicon springs, has worked out well :)
Nice looking JL btw!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I ran Fox 2.0 0-1.5’ on my Sport without changing out the springs. Had zero issues and it actually rode much better with those than the Rubi take-off shocks I had on previously. You’ll be fine and will enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
DW-JL

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to both of you. I did decide to just go with a rubicon takeoff set with springs and I will upgrade to the Fox shocks later. I wanted to do this anyway but the quotes I got to do the install were insane (800 was cheapest) and I was scared to do it myself. I decided to just go for it, got the rear done today and it wasn’t too bad, I’m expecting the front to be a little more difficult and will tackle that next.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks to both of you. I did decide to just go with a rubicon takeoff set with springs and I will upgrade to the Fox shocks later. I wanted to do this anyway but the quotes I got to do the install were insane (800 was cheapest) and I was scared to do it myself. I decided to just go for it, got the rear done today and it wasn’t too bad, I’m expecting the front to be a little more difficult and will tackle that next.
I assume you saw my install thread? Front's aren't much harder but you have to drop it almost to the rotors w/ regular jack stands.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Post #4 has the install info on the Mopar lift LCAs, you can add them later if you want better hwy road manners as your caster will be pretty low if you get the typical 2" lift on your 2 door.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DW-JL

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you saw my install thread? Front's aren't much harder but you have to drop it almost to the rotors w/ regular jack stands.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Post #4 has the install info on the Mopar lift LCAs, you can add them later if you want better hwy road manners as your caster will be pretty low if you get the typical 2" lift on your 2 door.
Thanks for the info! I have the longer control arms ordered but not sure when they are coming. Is there any advantage to installing them when I do everything else or is it the same difficulty just to do it later? I’d prefer to just get the jeep done and do them when they arrive, but don’t want to make it harder on myself.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Was looking at changing out my factory shocks for Fox 2.0 on my 2 door Sport and had a question concerning the chart. Will the 0-1.5 shocks be ok on a Sport without changing out the springs considering it is technically a -1.5 lift and the Rubi is considered a 0 lift? I wasn’t sure if anyone had replaced their stock Sport shocks without upgrading the springs, wasn’t sure if it could cause issues with loose springs, etc. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

EC8C32E7-C313-4D67-A7F5-3EDBCDA30C71.jpeg

CD2FABB3-E52A-40A0-B9F2-C58DF8826EFB.jpeg
rubi bumper, nice M/T tires. Get yourself some rubicon springs and bilstein 2-3inch lift 5100 series shocks. Youre almost there. It is an amazing setup. And youll flex nicely, better flex than the fox shocks. Just make sure you get springs for metal bumpers, hardtop and tow package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DW-JL

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubi bumper, nice M/T tires. Get yourself some rubicon springs and bilstein 2-3inch lift 5100 series shocks. Youre almost there. It is an amazing setup. And youll flex nicely, better flex than the fox shocks. Just make sure you get springs for metal bumpers, hardtop and tow package.
Thanks, I’m not sure I’ll ever be almost there though haha. I got 60/61 and 91/92 springs, I couldn’t get hands on a 62. I’m hoping it won’t make a big difference.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thanks, I’m not sure I’ll ever be almost there though haha. I got 60/61 and 91/92 springs, I couldn’t get hands on a 62. I’m hoping it won’t make a big difference.
You can always make up the difference with a small spacer. if you really want fox shocks get the 2-3inch lift ones. They fit just fine and give you a bit more articulation. You can always adjust your suspension height with spacers.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the info! I have the longer control arms ordered but not sure when they are coming. Is there any advantage to installing them when I do everything else or is it the same difficulty just to do it later? I’d prefer to just get the jeep done and do them when they arrive, but don’t want to make it harder on myself.
You can do the LCAs anytime, might actually be preferred to do them after you run a bit w/ your new springs just to show how much better the LCAs improve the drive. But if you just want to do one day of wrenching and be done then all at once ftw :)

OP
OP
DW-JL

DW-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can do the LCAs anytime, might actually be preferred to do them after you run a bit w/ your new springs just to show how much better the LCAs improve the drive. But if you just want to do one day of wrenching and be done then all at once ftw :)
I went ahead and just finished the lift and will wait on the control arms until they arrive. This is also my first time doing something like this and didn’t want to introduce even more aggravation, save it for another day.

I finished the lift, front was definitely more challenging than the rear, had to jack the axles up on one side to lower the opposite side enough to get the springs in there. All done now though, it actually tracks better already than it did before, even without the LCAs, not sure how that happened. Overall happy and glad I tried it, satisfying to have done it myself.
Sponsored