OP
OP
flanders

flanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
IIRC Hockey pucks are 1”, drill them out and add some hardware.

wouldn’t be tough to shave them down either.
Huh... that's an interesting idea...
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I assume you're talking these:
https://teraflex.com/shop/suspensions/jl-0-5-bump-stop-strike-pad-shim-kit-front-rear.html

Which would be perfect. But as far as I can tell these are shims for their 2" and up bump stops. I don't know if they were made to use standalone, and they don't come with the hardware to do so...
You’ll have to do a little improvising, but they are regular pucks regardless what they call them shim, puck whatever. If you don’t need 1/2” increments you can get 1” pucks. Just need a bolt, washer and nut. Will resemble this…..
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 IFP; 0-1.5" vs 2-3" BCAC041C-DEFC-4975-8249-209C2C4B3343
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 IFP; 0-1.5" vs 2-3" 53CD2E73-B4A2-4066-90FD-BBBDF87C27B0

Last edited:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Huh... that's an interesting idea...
I’ve got a six pack in the garage in case I want to add to my Mopar bumps.

Did you check the next size up? I’m running 5100s in 3-4.5” with 2” bumps. I’m about an inch taller right now,same spacers, but 4xes sit about an inch higher.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Have a 2021 JLUR with 1.5" Teraflex spacer lift. I want to upgrade my shocks to Fox 2.0s.

I have two options, the 0-1.5" lift or 2-3" lift shocks. It looks like I could run the 0-1.5" shocks without bump stop extensions. However, if I go with the 2-3" shocks with bump extensions (0.5" in front, 1" in back) I get better numbers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 IFP; 0-1.5" vs 2-3" 53CD2E73-B4A2-4066-90FD-BBBDF87C27B0

Is there any reason not to go with the 2-3" version of the Fox 2.0s with bump extensions? Seems less conventional than just going with 0-1.5".

Thanks for your help.
This is exactly my plan. Some of the 0-1.5" fox shocks have wasted stroke on a stock JL. Add a 0.5" bump stop and you do lose some bump travel, but it's also a really good match for a 35" tire.

Another way to look at it is that you are basically building your own XR, but with much more droop, and probably more bump (I haven't confirmed the exact length of XR bump stops, but I'm assuming they're 1" longer than standard).

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
I was wondering about this as well, was looking to put the teraflex leveling kit which is 2 inches up front and 1.5 in the rear with rubi springs on a sport model. Wasn't sure if the 0-1.5 or the 2-3 would be best.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Assuming this isn't enough to unseat the spring...
Why are you assuming that? Remember, it's not just the stroke length, but the TOTAL extended length, that goes into the calculation about whether the spring remains seated or not.

Just to be clear - I'm not saying don't do it. All I'm saying is - unbolt the existing shock, jack up the jeep, and measure before you order them.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Why are you assuming that? Remember, it's not just the stroke length, but the TOTAL extended length, that goes into the calculation about whether the spring remains seated or not.

Just to be clear - I'm not saying don't do it. All I'm saying is - unbolt the existing shock, jack up the jeep, and measure before you order them.
With 4xe Rubicon springs and the same TF kit, I have no issues with unseating at 28.43” extended.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
You could also check with Terfalex and see what they recommend. Most manufacturers will recommend a shock length. It does not always correspond to lift height as spring compression/expansion rates vary drastically. I am running 2" Synergy lift and Fox 3-4.5" length shocks (Synergy recommended size) and had no issues. When I was getting the shocks from 4WP they tried to get me to size down. I have had zero issues with the longer shocks.Also what everyone has said about bumpstops to stop them if you get longer for future use.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if these companies are just being extremely liberal but you can go 2'' over your lift

OP
OP
flanders

flanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
Good news. Called Teraflex and you can use the shims by themselves. They set up a custom order that includes the mounting hardware. Can even pick the parts up at their warehouse.

Ordered the 2-3" shocks yesterday and they're already on my porch with free shipping.

We'll see how this all works out. Thanks for all the help, this forum is awesome.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Good news. Called Teraflex and you can use the shims by themselves. They set up a custom order that includes the mounting hardware. Can even pick the parts up at their warehouse.

Ordered the 2-3" shocks yesterday and they're already on my porch with free shipping.

We'll see how this all works out. Thanks for all the help, this forum is awesome.
Awesome, you won't even have to pull the front springs.
Sponsored