Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Alright, this is an opinion and a question post. I’m seriously considering the Fox 2.0 ATS SS. So, I would like to hear thoughts and reviews on it. My question is, that thing isn’t cheap at all. Has anyone used the Synergy Relocation bracket, and would it work to relocate the Fox? Also, if you’ve used the Synergy. Is it a straight bolt on, or do I have to drill holes? I believe in the instructions you have to drill out the factory shock mounting sleeves to 1/2 inch. I can’t find anything on the internet, but is the Fox already 1/2 inch? Thanks fir the help. Love this forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, this is an opinion and a question post. I’m seriously considering the Fox 2.5 ATS SS. So, I would like to hear thoughts and reviews on it. My question is, that thing isn’t cheap at all. Has anyone used the Synergy Relocation bracket, and would it work to relocate the Fox? Also, if you’ve used the Synergy. Is it a straight bolt on, or do I have to drill holes? I believe in the instructions you have to drill out the factory shock holes to 1/2 inch. Thanks fir the help. Love this forum.
I have it and I love it. If you get the one for JK then you don’t need the synergy relo kit. It comes with its own clamp and track bar bolt.......
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation 162FCE5B-34FB-496B-95EE-0CE63084E454

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Do you know what size the mounting sleeve holes are?

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I have it and I love it. If you get the one for JK then you don’t need the synergy relo kit. It comes with its own clamp and track bar bolt.......
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation 162FCE5B-34FB-496B-95EE-0CE63084E454
Do you have any idea why the no would leave the clamp and relocation stud out of the no version? Is the ats itself the same?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any idea why the no would leave the clamp and relocation stud out of the no version? Is the ats itself the same?
I’m assuming because the oem stabilizer on the JL attaches differently than the JK did, so they had to make aftermarket to fit new attachment locations.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Clearances are pretty tight when relocating it. You have to set it up just right so it doesn't hit anything. I assume that's why they don't offer the JL version with the relocation bolt. I'm sure they would get all kinds of complaints that it doesn't fit. I ended up using the Metal Cloak relocation bracket with a little bit of modification because I couldn't get clearance on full-lock turns. Others have installed it without needing the bracket.

Last edited:

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I’m assuming because the oem stabilizer on the JL attaches differently than the JK did, so they had to make aftermarket to fit new attachment locations.
I have minor wobble which i think the ats will fix .. what does the drag link and tie rod exactlly do? I have the gamechanger so using their track bars... Im just wondering if i shoudl upgrade to the steer smart drag link and tie rod.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have minor wobble which i think the ats will fix .. what does the drag link and tie rod exactlly do? I have the gamechanger so using their track bars... Im just wondering if i shoudl upgrade to the steer smart drag link and tie rod.
I would switch them out if it was me, they’re not going to last to long anyway, being lifted with larger tires.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Minor wobble? Like a shimmy that lingers for a second or two after hitting a bump?

Increasing the diameter of the tires, also increases the amount of toe-in.

I definitely have to agree with Roky above. Bigger tires and lift need stronger supporting parts to maintain a more solid connection between the wheel you're holding and the wheel on the ground.

Until you replace the tie rod and drag link, try decreasing the toe-in and see if that helps your minor wobble. A steering stabilizer won't fix a wobble, it just hides it.

You can't go wrong with SteerSmarts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation 20200831_111218_resized(1)

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Like had been said, the wobble won't be fixed with the stabilizer, in fact I recommend trouble-shooting and fixing the wobble with the stabilizer removed. The steer smarts stuff is great, I would just avoid their track bar as it's just stupidly too big and I highly doubt you'll get your relocated stabilizer to work with it. If you already have the Metal Cloak track bar definitely stay with that.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring up old post but you're saying this will fit and relocate with no extra parts?
This one is the one I'm looking at.
https://www.amazon.ca/Fox-Racing-98...sr_1_1?keywords=Fox+ats&qid=1636703474&sr=8-1
Yes, Canadian Amazon. Also, why is it silver vs orange?

Thanks
Hey man, Yeah, no extra parts needed, this is how mine came……..

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation D3AF07BC-130F-4B17-93BD-A1043D35D2BC

I am using the synergy track bar bolt though, the bolt that came with it was contacting the drag link at full turn passenger………… the synergy uses a lower profile button head bolt. I’m running aftermarket tie rod/ drag link, I’m not sure about stock set up. And I’m not sure about the different colors, sorry.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation B5E4F5AE-385B-4507-9A10-A02321E65323
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation 29B05B9B-D887-4995-B836-3BD80048BD15
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer Relocation C289D72B-0C9B-4F23-9FAD-981D3B86BE16