Status
Not open for further replies.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
The date of when the EcoDiesel is coming out is all over "map". I don't think even Jeep knows.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I can only imagine the litany of red tape BS they're going through to try and get that engine out.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
The date of when the EcoDiesel is coming out is all over "map". I don't think even Jeep knows.
They have been quoting Q4 of 2019 for a solid year now. Yea Jeep canā€™t give you an exact date in that range because CARB/EPA gets the final say on certification, but they seem to have enough experience with the environmental gendarmes to narrow it down to a range of Sept/Oct orders to meet 12/31 delivery expectations. I used to think the Ram 1500 3.0 certification would be the most accurate predictor of JLU 3.0 cert, but now that it looks like the JLU is getting the gen2 3.0 leftovers, who knows. Better not have the garbage software ā€œupdateā€ they foisted on the gen2 Ram 1500s.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
They have been quoting Q4 of 2019 for a solid year now. Yea Jeep canā€™t give you an exact date in that range because CARB/EPA gets the final say on certification, but they seem to have enough experience with the environmental gendarmes to narrow it down to a range of Sept/Oct orders to meet 12/31 delivery expectations. I used to think the Ram 1500 3.0 certification would be the most accurate predictor of JLU 3.0 cert, but now that it looks like the JLU is getting the gen2 3.0 leftovers, who knows. Better not have the garbage software ā€œupdateā€ they foisted on the gen2 Ram 1500s.
What's becoming disappointing is that Jeep isn't going with the new EcoDiesel with 260HP/480 Ft-Lbs. If Jeep goes this route, then I will stick with the 3.6L engine. I have not been reading good things about the software updates and the effects on the diesel engine.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Blame Uncle (Sam), he's the reason for all this BS on diesels, since he wants EV's that have gimped range to be shoved down all our throats so he can limit our mobility

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Blame Uncle (Sam), he's the reason for all this BS on diesels, since he wants EV's that have gimped range to be shoved down all our throats so he can limit our mobility
Lol - you must be wearing a foil hat too :CWL:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The crappy EVs are crappy because they are compliance cars made to be the bare minimum to raise their fleet mpg and reduce fines. The big automakers donā€™t want to make EVs because the only thing they know is ICE motors and assembly plants. They canā€™t do anything right when it comes to ā€œthose new fangled eeeeee luk tronicksā€ lol.

Evidence? Do you need evidence? Look at the bullshit we have with the electronics on these wranglers and all the old fogies here talking about electronics like itā€™s some kinda mysterious witchcraft.

Outside of Tesla Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d trust any American car company to build an electric car. Now if Bosch or Cummins or some outsider made a ā€œelectric power trainā€ that FCA could just bolt into a Jeep chassis and sell as ā€œsales code EVJā€ Iā€™m sure itā€™d be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.