First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Some like the notion of not having the winch hot at all times.

Not quite 100% on this, but I think the warn power interupt kit gets used with the aux switch, so as to not have full amperage hanging directly on the aux circuit. Maybe someone will chime in to either confirm or to set me straight.:like:
I have 2 batteries now (Genesis kit), so my winch is on the aux batt. Prior to I ran the winch off the main directly.

IDK if their kit spec or max load is. Stopped worrying w a direct to 2nd battery.

I have an arb compressor the dealer ran. They run a hot off the battery and use the aux as a switch on the neg. I need to look at that setup again.
Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
i wired my winch to a relay at the battery so that the lead going from the battery to the winch is only engerizied when I want it to be, that way if there is ever an accident, there is no Hot battery lead out front to short out. And no way for azzhats to mess with the winch.
5976B59E-59B9-4B5D-B547-1A1737F067AB.jpeg
So your aux is the switch for your second relay on top of the odyssey. Great idea. Plus two batteries o power for your winch. Right now I just have mine on the aux.