Four door Magneto 2.0?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Anyone know if there are plans for an unlimited Magneto?

I’ve searched a little and only
Found talks of a 2 door with manual transmission.
Sponsored

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I'm sure anyone privvy to real info would lose their job for discussing.

That said, there will 100% be an ev wrangler in the future, jeep is on record saying that. Why wouldn't they do a 4 door model?

My guess is 2025 or later. The Magneto will set the terms for the next wrangler platform, wheelbase etc. They'll figure out how to make it a good ev, then figure out how to add in a v6. Sliding an ev drivetrain into an aging platform probably won't happen.

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Meat popsicle
They won't do a battery powered wrangler and then only sell it as a 2dr. 2dr Wranglers account for less than 15% of total wranglers sales if I recall correctly. It may even be less than that.

Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I have to say, I hope it doesn't go 4 door. You 4D folks get all the goodies, diesel engines, 392 engines, XR packages, it's about time Jeep goes back to it's roots and makes a badass 2 door with no top, no frills, just Jeep.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have to say, I hope it doesn't go 4 door. You 4D folks get all the goodies, diesel engines, 392 engines, XR packages, it's about time Jeep goes back to it's roots and makes a badass 2 door with no top, no frills, just Jeep.
I do love my YJ.. I just wish I had more money and time to get her back in good shape. I’ll still drive her mostly this summer.

I’m just curious how things will turn out with Magneto, as I am thinking my next vehicle purchase will be electric. Hopefully they won’t be running $112,000 like I first read.

I did see another article listing a target price for a rubicon magneto of $65k.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
@kapk22 I hope you're right. I don't a 3" lift and 40" tires at my age, and I bet 1.5" lift and 35's would run a lot further on the battery and that would more than suffice for anything I'm gonna do!
Sponsored