Found this in my Jeep

LpAbsolute

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Purchased a new JLURD about a month ago. Ordered it from my local Dealer. About 2 days ago i started to hear a noise. The noise sounded like metal hitting metal. The sound was coming from the around the passenger door and i could only hear it when i took off and hit the breaks in the Jeep. I had my friend sit in the passenger seat and we did some investigating. We snapped off the black plastic on the floor between the door frame and the seat by the bottom of the seatbelt and this is what we found. A silver bolt. I can tell from the bolt that it has never been threaded. The bolt looks new. Any idea where it belongs? It was just sitting there rolling around. Wondering if it was just an extra bolt that was mistakenly left behind or if it goes to something and was never installed. Any help would be great. See pics below. Thanks.....On a positive side, now its noise free! :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Found this in my Jeep Bolt1

Jeep Wrangler JL Found this in my Jeep Bolt2

Jeep Wrangler JL Found this in my Jeep Bolt3
Sponsored

OP
OP

LpAbsolute

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Looks like a seatbelt anchor bolt.
Thanks. Will open it back up today and see if i see one missing. Like i said it doesn't look like it was ever threaded. Curious how i didn't hear the bolt rolling around for 4 weeks and then all of a sudden noise.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I can tell from the bolt that it has never been threaded. The bolt looks new. Any idea where it belongs? It was just sitting there rolling around. Wondering if it was just an extra bolt that was mistakenly left behind
It's likely just a bolt that fell into/got lost in your vehicle during production. It happens all the time.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP

LpAbsolute

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
I believe those bolts are black.
You are correct. I checked last night and everything under the seat that is visible is black. This looks like something that should be nonvisible and hidden inside a panel because of the color.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My initial thought was a bolt in the door jam but that would be pretty obvious if one was missing plus I'm sure they repurpose the same bolts in various areas.

Jeep Wrangler JL Found this in my Jeep 1625061379973

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The ones under my seats are a dark gray, but looks darker than that one. They aren't painted and they stick out compared to the gloss black on the rails.

Just something quick you can check without taking the panel trim off.

Sponsored

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
I found a similar looking large bolt inside my daughters brand new Honda Fit. It happens I guess....

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’d had an annoying clanking in my ‘17 Cherokee TH. Found a bolt rolling around in the cowl under the hood. Pulled it out and was relieved until I heard the second one on the other side rolling around. 🙄

OP
OP

LpAbsolute

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
I’d had an annoying clanking in my ‘17 Cherokee TH. Found a bolt rolling around in the cowl under the hood. Pulled it out and was relieved until I heard the second one on the other side rolling around. 🙄
:mad:
Sponsored