CrashAndBoom

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
"wiping down the hood" isn't that a sin? I always thought the next river crossing or water hole was the only way a Jeep was washed and rinsed off. .
Haha...Touche’...Guilty as charged...in my defense, the pollen up here in CT is out of control this time of year...it’s like algae and I was performing decon ops...if i could find a RC or a WH in Connecticut where Jeeps are actually allowed I’d be a happy man...I really gotta find a new state...lol
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i just went out 5 minutes ago in the pouring rain to see if there was a console lock. by got too soaked to look for the sandel. :like:

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I was driving with a friend in my Sport the other day and he has a 4 door Sahara. I put the key in the little slot in the cup holder and he looked at me and said, “oh that’s where the key goes!” Lol, I didn’t tell him that I read about that here. He’s had his Jeep for over a year.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
so was installing some lights yesterday and noticed on the middle area between the windshield wipers there is sandals icon and I think it is for drying your sandals in the sun!! Never noticed it tell yesterday! lol ;)
They are in honour of the legendary Rick Péwé who had a lot of input into the features of the JL. FLT has an interview with him at about the 3 minute mark of

Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
A02A44FB-8441-426C-B68A-4DC48E1BB3AE.jpeg
Ok so not all of you will be as surprised as i was to find this but i always thought how nice it would be to have a locking center council like the JK. In the JL the lock is not as obvious because it took me 6 months to find it :facepalm:. I don’t know if it’s standard on every trim model but my Sahara has it. It’s just much smaller than the one on the JK and it’s kind of to the side so not as visible lol.p
Ha dang I’ve had mine over a year thanks..,

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
My 19 JLUR has it. I went looking for it yesterday. Only took me 8 days!

I'm not sure I'll use it though. I'm trying to keep very little in my Jeep and I don't want some tweaker destroying my console or glove box to find only a USB cord and a pair of sunglasses.
I agree with you 100% Bryce, I even leave a couple rolls of quarters. Let them feel like they got something and get outta my Jeep!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the TJ.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember it being a standard feature on the earlier '90s TJs.
Good point, I don't think it was. I have an '04 LJ.
My '97(first year) TJ had it.
It was on my 97 sport as well. No clue if it was part of some option package.
My '98 was

locking. I am pretty sure it is a standard feature on Jeeps since '97, possibly earlier.
My 97 TJ has a locking center console.
Hi everyone, hello, I think I can provide some insight here. :movember:

The locking center console wasn’t technically standard on all TJs; it didn’t come with the SE model because there was no center console at all, much less a locking one. I know this because I had one. It looked like this:

A495E884-4D75-49D4-9441-8C4F514E1E7C.jpeg
A45998FC-1C87-44B9-835D-61C6D9283894.jpeg

Phew... looked thru 83 pics to bring this to y’all...

I guess the bean counters at Chrystler figured it wasn’t worth putting them in every Wrangler. I’m not sure if they were standard for X or Sport models, or what the deal was, just that I didn’t have one :like:

I should add that they weren’t standard on YJs either. Nothing was, not even an engine or transmission. The base YJ was basically just a frame. No wheels, no body, no top, no doors, no headlights, no stereo, you had to screw the whole thing together. :CWL:
Sponsored