First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I went and picked up a suit that I bought and had tailored and when I got back to the Jeep I noticed that there are no garment hooks to hang a jacket or shirts. I just thought every vehicle had one guess I'm wrong.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct! I use my "add on" rear/side grab handles on the roll bar as garment hooks.​
There are also other products sold specifically as garment hooks but I like the multi use grab handles better​

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I went and picked up a suit that I bought and had tailored and when I got back to the Jeep I noticed that there are no garment hooks to hang a jacket or shirts. I just thought every vehicle had one guess I'm wrong.
I got mine from a shop on Etsy. I think he may be a member on here.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...I noticed that there are no garment hooks to hang a jacket or shirts.

I just thought every vehicle had one guess I'm wrong.
The first two accessories I added to my new JLU were headrest hooks and hanger loops. The Jeep's predecessor had them, and I was surprised at how quickly I missed those little conveniences.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - I ended up buying a couple that go around the rollbar. They work great.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I think the assumption is Jeep owners don't need dry cleaning if they are used correctly.
It’s been a secret vice of mine for a long time. I was embarrassed to tell my fellow jeepers that I use the dry cleaners.

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
In my two door I have two rope ratchets (sorta like a ratchet strap, but with rope) spread between the sport cage in back. Primarily these are used to create sort of a loft when the top is on. I keep the bag for the freedom panels there, but found that it's also a good placement to hang a few dry cleaned items from. Without the seat there I have plenty of room for things to hang freely rather than laying on the seat/floor and possibly wrinkling or picking up who knows what. I also like having the ratchet ropes available if I want to tie anything down.

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
In my two door I have two rope ratchets (sorta like a ratchet strap, but with rope) spread between the sport cage in back. Primarily these are used to create sort of a loft when the top is on. I keep the bag for the freedom panels there, but found that it's also a good placement to hang a few dry cleaned items from. Without the seat there I have plenty of room for things to hang freely rather than laying on the seat/floor and possibly wrinkling or picking up who knows what. I also like having the ratchet ropes available if I want to tie anything down.
That sounds like a great solution, I'd love to see a picture. Always looking for better storage options in my two door

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Forgot to mention.... Lets say you are in the Military,Law Enforcement, Corrections or whatever.... and need to carry lots of uniforms that have just been dry cleaned, etc..... you pick the uniforms up often.

What works GREAT, is one of these in the back of the JK or JL. 2dr. or 4 dr...

Mounts up real high and you can actually leave it in place... it does not block view when not holding dry cleaning... Does not rattle....and they hold lots...

I have a couple of friends that have had their's in place for 2 yrs. plus... they love it.
I put one up in my JL when needed..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AZ9KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL Found something missing in my JL 71bG96Q3V4L._AC_SL1500_

schwizzie

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My 2018 JLR came with a Velcro loop that had a plastic ring on it to hang clothes on. It was in the center console, and wrapped in plastic along with the rear window retainer (for when you roll the rear window).

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
That sounds like a great solution, I'd love to see a picture. Always looking for better storage options in my two door
Really not much to show, but I'll see what I can do for you tonight.

These are the rope ratchets I have (or at least very similar, I found mine years ago at home depot / lowes).

https://www.roperatchet.com/

just tossed over the sport bar on each side, I have the hooks connecting to each other on the lower side. Pull it tight then I tie the excess rope up so it isn't left dangling. I put one up near the sound bar, the other one maybe midway back. Sorta roll and stuff the freedom top storage bag up there, it's basically wedged between the sound bar, these ropes and the hard top. It took me a time or three to get things placed and stuffed just right so the bag doesn't wiggle its way out and fall.

I think someone could make a better solution. I thought about one of those bungie webs but felt the one I have would be too lose. Ratchet straps would probably be better but on the ratchet straps I have the ratchet mechanism is so large I had concerns it would knock against the top. I only use the rope ratchet because I already had them. The ratchet mechanism that I have is pretty small and some kind of plastic, so they're fairly light. They don't seem to get enough of a bounce to hit the top, but I also have everything placed so the bag is pretty well between the ratchet mechanism and the top. They're kind of a silly thing, proper knots in a rope or a ratchet strap are probably better. The rope ratchets are fast though and hold pretty tight but I'd really have to work to get them so tight that they damage the sport bar.
Sponsored