Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
  • Banned
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT JL
SYNERGY TRACBAR AND SECTOR SHAFT BRACE.

Found new problem with this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace, when turning wheels to left and slightly reverse there is a clicking sounds also when running around 55 miles steering start to vibrate what is causing this issue? Check everything is tight and torque specs right and still a problem please help thanks. ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THIS IS TO MAKE THE STEERING WANDERING BETTER, BUT NOT GET BETTER JEEP COMMUNITY PLEASE HELP THANKS.

:jk: :jk: :jk: :jk: :jk: :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::like::like::like::like::like::like:
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
What type of vibration. I notice a little bit of high frequency vibration at 65mph...which I believe is slight driveshaft imbalance that would not otherwise be noticed if not for the additional attachment to the axle assembly via the sector brace.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
What type of vibration. I notice a little bit of high frequency vibration at 65mph...which I believe is slight driveshaft imbalance that would not otherwise be noticed if not for the additional attachment to the axle assembly via the sector brace.
Everything was correct so just don't know where is the clicking sound coming from the front when turning wheels to left and slightly go reverse and don't know why steering wheels vibrate while running at 55 mph.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Everything was correct so just don't know where is the clicking sound coming from the front when turning wheels to left and slightly go reverse and don't know why steering wheels vibrate while running at 55 mph.
It’s most likely that the hole in the brass bushing and the grease fitting are not lined up in the sector brace. Therefore when you greased it the grease was going between the bushing and the brace instead of between the bushing and the pitman nut. It’s been happening a lot lately. So if you didn’t grease the bushing with your fingers prior to install then it’s binding do to lack of grease. It’s not the driveshaft, it doesn’t spin until you engage the 4 wd.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
It’s most likely that the hole in the brass bushing and the grease fitting are not lined up in the sector brace. Therefore when you greased it the grease was going between the bushing and the brace instead of between the bushing and the pitman nut. It’s been happening a lot lately. So if you didn’t grease the bushing with your fingers prior to install then it’s binding do to lack of grease. It’s not the driveshaft, it doesn’t spin until you engage the 4 wd.
Do you have a pictures of this bushing?

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
Do you have a pictures of this bushing?
It's the bronze inner ring of the aluminum piece that extends out to the sector shaft. If you remove the two screws that hold it to the brace, you can pull it down. There's a hole on the inside of that bronze ring that should be aligned with the hole for the zerk fitting. Without the fitting, you can look straight through.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
So your saying grease the brass bushing inside with your finger and put it on then grease again right? Also this brass bushing inside that tiny hole aligned with zerk fitting, do they turn freely to align the tiny hole with zerk fitting?

Also after installing this synergy tracbar and sector shaft brace my steering wheels start to vibrate when running 55 mph from time to time, before this is not happening just after installing this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace. What do you think is causing this problem?

Last edited:

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would replace this bushing with a sleeve bearing that has a figure 8 grease groove in the bore.
Jeep Wrangler JL Found problem with  Synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace when turning C925F371-5330-41B7-81F8-4C5493812C6A
This would require a machine finish to applicable tolerances. I would also include @Roky’s method of set screw retention. Mobil HTS grease for lubrication.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So your saying grease the brass bushing inside with your finger and put it on then grease again right? Also this brass bushing inside that tiny hole aligned with zerk fitting, do they turn freely to align the tiny hole with zerk fitting?

Also after installing this synergy tracbar and sector shaft brace my steering wheels start to vibrate when running 55 mph from time to time, before this is not happening just after installing this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace. What do you think is causing this problem?
It could all be related to the bushing not having any grease. When you take it off you can knock the bushing out with a 1-1/4” socket. Put red loctite on the outside of bushing and knock it back in. Grease it real good and reinstall it.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could all be related to the bushing not having any grease. When you take it off you can knock the bushing out with a 1-1/4” socket. Put red loctite on the outside of bushing and knock it back in. Grease it real good and reinstall it.
What kind of grease do i need for this, do you have a pictures of this grease?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S

There are no circumstances where proper installation of this brace should cause or even bring out vibrations; it just doesn't impact any relevant part of the steering system. If you didn't tighten something down properly that could cause it but it would be nearly constant. Worst case, if the brace is misaligned, it will push the sector shaft one way or another but that's not something that will cause vibration.

I'd recommend double-checking that you torqued everything properly but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. At 55mph, I'd be looking at tires and wheels (balance first, then defects/deformities). It's likely you are just paying more attention now that you have a new part and you're noticing something you didn't see before.