Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
What type of vibration. I notice a little bit of high frequency vibration at 65mph...which I believe is slight driveshaft imbalance that would not otherwise be noticed if not for the additional attachment to the axle assembly via the sector brace.
Okay i did took out the brace and put gease all over on top of the brace and put it back and tight and torque and regrease the zerk fitting, and still making the clinking sound at this i will keep checking where the clicking sound is coming need to fix this issue asap before get worst please help thanks.
Advertisement

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The vibration and clicking may be unrelated. While on the ground loosen and the retorque trackbar and LCA bolts. Road force balance your tires to make sure the vibration is not tire related.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are no circumstances where proper installation of this brace should cause or even bring out vibrations; it just doesn't impact any relevant part of the steering system. If you didn't tighten something down properly that could cause it but it would be nearly constant. Worst case, if the brace is misaligned, it will push the sector shaft one way or another but that's not something that will cause vibration.

I'd recommend double-checking that you torqued everything properly but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. At 55mph, I'd be looking at tires and wheels (balance first, then defects/deformities). It's likely you are just paying more attention now that you have a new part and you're noticing something you didn't see before.
Okay i did took out the brace and put gease all over on top of the brace and put it back and tight and torque and regrease the zerk fitting, and still making the clinking sound, i will keep checking where the clicking sound is coming need to fix this issue asap before get worst please help thanks.

Today i will have my jeep balance the tires and alignment to fix the vibration in my steering wheels and hope this will fix this vibration. Do you think is good to bring at just tires and have them do it, or bring it to jeep shop?

:jk: :flag::like:

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The vibration and clicking may be unrelated. While on the ground loosen and the retorque trackbar and LCA bolts. Road force balance your tires to make sure the vibration is not tire related.
Okay i did took out the brace and put gease all over on top of the brace and put it back and tight and torque and regrease the zerk fitting, and still making the clinking sound, i will keep checking where the clicking sound is coming, need to fix this issue asap before get worst please help thanks. Today i will have my jeep balance the tires and alignment to fix the vibration in my steering wheels and hope this will fix this vibration. Do you think is good to bring at just tires and have them do it, or bring it to jeep shop?

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could all be related to the bushing not having any grease. When you take it off you can knock the bushing out with a 1-1/4” socket. Put red loctite on the outside of bushing and knock it back in. Grease it real good and reinstall it.
Okay i did took out the brace and put gease all over on top of the brace and put it back and tight and torque and regrease the zerk fitting, and still making the clinking sound, i will keep checking where the clicking sound is coming, need to fix this issue asap before get worst please help thanks. Today i will have my jeep balance the tires and alignment to fix the vibration in my steering wheels and hope this will fix this vibration. Do you think is good to bring at just tires and have them do it, or bring it to jeep shop?

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So your saying grease the brass bushing inside with your finger and put it on then grease again right? Also this brass bushing inside that tiny hole aligned with zerk fitting, do they turn freely to align the tiny hole with zerk fitting?

Also after installing this synergy tracbar and sector shaft brace my steering wheels start to vibrate when running 55 mph from time to time, before this is not happening just after installing this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace. What do you think is causing this problem?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take your Jeep to Discount Tires and ask them to “road force” balance your tires.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LostWoods

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
Discount tires don't do alignment only balance tires.
Alignment won't fix your issue. There are two adjustments on a standard Jeep and those are both a function of toe. An alignment will never cause a rattle, shake, or noise unless your alignment spec is massively out.

Tire balancing is your best bet and road force is the best option.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alignment won't fix your issue. There are two adjustments on a standard Jeep and those are both a function of toe. An alignment will never cause a rattle, shake, or noise unless your alignment spec is massively out.

Tire balancing is your best bet and road force is the best option.
I will go to discount tire today have them do a road force tire balance and will go from there thanks.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What type of vibration. I notice a little bit of high frequency vibration at 65mph...which I believe is slight driveshaft imbalance that would not otherwise be noticed if not for the additional attachment to the axle assembly via the sector brace.
Fix the problem today at discount tire and they did road force tire balance. No more vaibration at the speed. Thanks for you info. Thank you so much for help.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will go to discount tire today have them do a road force tire balance and will go from there thanks.
Thank you so much for help problem solve today at discount tire only need road force tire balance.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fix the problem today at discount tire and they did road force tire balance. No more vaibration at the speed. Thanks for you info.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fix the problem today at discount tire and they did road force tire balance. No more vaibration at the speed. Thanks for you info.
I am very glad it worked out for you. I had the same problem in my JKUR and road force balancing worked for me also

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement