Found JL Sport Fender LED option

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
Sorry to break it to you all but the wiring on non DRL equipped and equipped wranglers is different. I believe the harness has an extra wire that lights up the DRL. the only way to get the white DRL to work is to tap into another wire. when you program the the ecm to run DRL on a non equipped wrangler you will only get the Amber light to run. There is a thread on here that explains it. If I find the thread I’ll post for you guys.
Sponsored

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Sorry to break it to you all but the wiring on non DRL equipped and equipped wranglers is different. I believe the harness has an extra wire that lights up the DRL. the only way to get the white DRL to work is to tap into another wire. when you program the the ecm to run DRL on a non equipped wrangler you will only get the Amber light to run. There is a thread on here that explains it. If I find the thread I’ll post for you guys.
That’s not exactly true.. I have a non drl 21 sport.. I added the lights switching 1 wire in the harness over one pin in the plug and turned on the drl option via the tazer and it functions exactly like a rubi with led from the factory…

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
That’s not exactly true.. I have a non drl 21 sport.. I added the lights switching 1 wire in the harness over one pin in the plug and turned on the drl option via the tazer and it functions exactly like a rubi with led from the factory…
there’s a reason why you are getting amber DRL and not the white. It’s specific to the wiring.

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
there’s a reason why you are getting amber DRL and not the white. It’s specific to the wiring.
maybe I mistyped or you were talking to someone else in the thread.. I don't have amber drl im the OP and used the amazon lights, moved the one wire over one pin on the light side of the plug and then turned the drl option on with my tazer, my amazon lights now function exactly like the Sahara/ rubi with factory led drl's

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
maybe I mistyped or you were talking to someone else in the thread.. I don't have amber drl im the OP and used the amazon lights, moved the one wire over one pin on the light side of the plug and then turned the drl option on with my tazer, my amazon lights now function exactly like the Sahara/ rubi with factory led drl's
Hey there! About to buy these and curious about which wire you switched? Assuming the turn signal still functions as expected?

Sponsored

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Hey there! About to buy these and curious about which wire you switched? Assuming the turn signal still functions as expected?
Yes turns function as expected pin 1 is black pin 2 is blank( used for drl) pin 3 ( where wire comes out of the box) is when headlights are on.. I had them running as drl’s but I ended up pulling them back apart and running acc power to them off a fuse tap ..

I decided I wanted them running as drls and wanted them on when he headlights were on too.. they still drop out when the turn signals are on…

Talhaaziz321

First Name
Talha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Yes turns function as expected pin 1 is black pin 2 is blank( used for drl) pin 3 ( where wire comes out of the box) is when headlights are on.. I had them running as drl’s but I ended up pulling them back apart and running acc power to them off a fuse tap ..

I decided I wanted them running as drls and wanted them on when he headlights were on too.. they still drop out when the turn signals are on…
Excuse me if I misunderstood but if I repin the wires as drl. The white lights cannot be on when the headlights are on?

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude

Thanks! This is the plug I received. Sounds like you swapped the red and white wires in this harness? However, by doing this you have to choose either DRL or powered with Headlights?

20210730_090644.jpg

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Excuse me if I misunderstood but if I repin the wires as drl. The white lights cannot be on when the headlights are on?
correct and I wanted them on for both so I cut the red out of the harness on the light side and gave it 12v whenever the key is on.

Talhaaziz321

First Name
Talha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
correct and I wanted them on for both so I cut the red out of the harness on the light side and gave it 12v whenever the key is on.
Interesting, I take it you have the oem headlights? I have aftermarket ones and wired the halos to fuse 57 cigarette lighter. You think it's best to t tap that wire for power?

Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
So bad news, I used the link in this thread and took a shot even though it said "doesn't fit sport" since reviews and what I've read I just assumed it was due to wiring

The lights are about 1" too wide for my JLU Sport Altitude. If any of you have a screenshot of the ones you purchased that actually fit I'd love to see!

For reference these are the ones that DON'T fit.

Glad Amazon has a great return policy!

Screenshot_20210801-154533_Chrome.jpg

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Interesting, I take it you have the oem headlights? I have aftermarket ones and wired the halos to fuse 57 cigarette lighter. You think it's best to t tap that wire for power?
Yes I have oem led lights I wanted to use the rear cargo 12v for my fuse tap but unfortunately the cover wouldn’t fit back on if I used that slot ..

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
So bad news, I used the link in this thread and took a shot even though it said "doesn't fit sport" since reviews and what I've read I just assumed it was due to wiring

The lights are about 1" too wide for my JLU Sport Altitude. If any of you have a screenshot of the ones you purchased that actually fit I'd love to see!

Jeep Wrangler JL Found JL Sport Fender LED option Screenshot_20210801-154533_Chrome
So when I ordered there was multiple options : those you got and ones to fit sport as well as the side marker lights separate.. mine were $179

Talhaaziz321

First Name
Talha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport

Screenshot_20210801-154533_Chrome.jpg
I made the same mistake as you and got the wrong ones. I ordered a set off aliexpress that should fit In theory but they haven't arrived yet. Maybe 2 more weeks till they come but they were only like $115.