ESPN Camera Operator

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Awesome! definitely going to be the next purchase for my JL.

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
That is them!
did you buy the ones for 129.99 or 159.99? they are on the same page but different options.

I have a 21 sport altitude with led headlight/fog group and I have a Tazer jl. mini

OP
OP
nap2422

nap2422

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Freedom Edition
Occupation
ESPN Camera Operator
did you buy the ones for 129.99 or 159.99? they are on the same page but different options.

I have a 21 sport altitude with led headlight/fog group and I have a Tazer jl. mini
Sorry for the late response. I ordered the $160 but I’m not sure what would fit with the led package you have.

Soliex

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 3.6
Just ordered these fender lights for my 2018 JL Sport Unlimited. Your post encouraged me to do so. They look amazing!

I've never used a programmer but suspecting these will not work properly without being flashed. Can you share with me the process in which you used JSCAN to enable the DRL? Thanks!

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Talked with my mechanic. In VA, Halo lights will not pass state inspection. OK fine. I took the plunge and upgraded to Jeep OEM LED headlights and fog lights. They have been ordered and should be here in a couple of weeks. Not in stock because so many upgrades happening.
doesn't make much sense since many car companies have halo lights these days as OEM equip including Jeep, BMW, Mini, etc....

Soliex

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 3.6
@nap2422 Hey, did you order just the 2 fender lights or with the LED side markers? My product just arrived today and didnt realize that the one I ordered did not come with the LED side markers. Does the stock portion still illuminate when installing these LED Fender lights?

OP
OP
nap2422

nap2422

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ESPN Camera Operator
@nap2422 Hey, did you order just the 2 fender lights or with the LED side markers? My product just arrived today and didnt realize that the one I ordered did not come with the LED side markers. Does the stock portion still illuminate when installing these LED Fender lights?
i still use the stock side markers and it still lights up.

Soliex

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 3.6
@nap2422 Were you ever able to get them to run as DRL? I got them installed (kind of a pain) and they look fantastic, but using JSCAN not able to get them to run as DRL. Not a huge deal but would be nice to know. I may be missing a JSCAN option, only messed with it for about 15 minutes. Will try again tomorrow.

OP
OP
nap2422

nap2422

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ESPN Camera Operator
@nap2422 Were you ever able to get them to run as DRL? I got them installed (kind of a pain) and they look fantastic, but using JSCAN not able to get them to run as DRL. Not a huge deal but would be nice to know. I may be missing a JSCAN option, only messed with it for about 15 minutes. Will try again tomorrow.
Install was tedious for sure. I didn’t try DRL.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
All done! Overall, I think these lights are sexy as hell and very affordable on Amazon. The sequential turn signals look AWESOME. Install was more challenging than expected, granted I didn’t use any guides and had to hold a light with one hand a lot of the time. I think it’s worth the effort if you have a Sport and REALLY want the LED look similar to the Rubicon and Sahara, without changing the fender flares.

Some things to note: the safety clip on the harness snapped on both lights, but the normal clip still works no problem. You NEED to flash it, even though it comes with resistors. I used the Jscan with 0 issues. The tint on the housing looks much darker once installed. If you don’t like that look these are not for you. Lastly, no instructions are included.

More pictures to follow...

EF050039-68E4-43D7-A66B-A3D80086188E.jpeg
Man this is how all jeeps should have come from the factory with LED fenders.

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I installed the same ones in my sport .. so far I can only get the white drl to come on when the parking or headlights are on.. not sure if it’s a setting I’m missing with my tazer or if a wire in the plug needs swapped around or if it’s just plain not possible 🤷🏻‍♂️

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I installed the same ones in my sport .. so far I can only get the white drl to come on when the parking or headlights are on.. not sure if it’s a setting I’m missing with my tazer or if a wire in the plug needs swapped around or if it’s just plain not possible 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m gonna be following y’all now…. From what i’ve seen the sport guys swapping the sport fenders for rubi ones with leds only had to reprogram with tazer or jscan.

Soliex

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 3.6
I coded it for DRL using JSCAN but it was yellow instead of white, which I didn't want. So what I do now when I get in during the daytime is flick the lights to parking lights and just go with that.

Looks nice with my Halo Rings and the fender lights illuminated white, love it. Just have to turn the dial to off when I exit the Jeep. Beauty is pain right? At least thats what my girl says.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Here are the specific settings I used with Jscan to program my mopar LED DRL lights on my 2018 JLU sport. Not sure if it helps, but these settings may allow non mopar led DRL to function as the mopar do.
Jeep Wrangler JL Found JL Sport Fender LED option 34BCE1B5-5C4B-4CF0-9E91-085578FB1A11
Sponsored