Sponsored

Forward collision warning (FCW) and automatic emergency breaking (AEB) malfunction??

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2” Mopar lift, 35”tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
Last edited:

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Anyone in the NYC area able to apply the new TSB to their vehicle? If so which competent dealer did you go to?

kinerific

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR; 2022 JLUR
Bumping this thread as it happened to me twice last night on the FDR in NYC and triggered a search on this forum. Like @Warz2k4 and @NJWrkDvr reported, it was while I was traveling on the road with an overpass (In this case, the section of the northbound FDR before the 61st Street exit) and the Jeep hard-braked twice in the span of two minutes with no obvious forward cause.

My Jeep is a 2020 manufactured in Nov 2019, so the above-noted TSB doesn't apply. But after having to pry my eyeballs off of the windshield from the sudden braking, I disabled auto-braking until I can look into it more. @JeepCares is there any further updates that my 2020 Rubicon might benefit from?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
@kinerific I got a TSb update to recalibrate the sensor. Anyways it’s basically useless. I turn that off, I only use the alarm. I do not trust the Jeep braking for me. No issues. My BMW had the braking feature and always worked just fine, I just don’t think Jeeps are tried and true yet for these new techs

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Starting to be glad I didn't opt for the Advanced Safety package with the Wrangler...
Sponsored