psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I have truly enjoyed this forum. I love to look at what people have done with and to their Jeeps and have gained inspiration and knowledge on what and how to modify mine. I do however have one rant, and this could be the result of my inability to completely understand how to use the forum. My rant is simply that when I see someones Jeep that has a cool bumper, or awsome wheels, I often have to ask the person what they are. Often times, I, or other members are kind of hijacking a thread so we can figure out what mod it is we are inquiring about. It just seems like it would be better if forum members listed their mods somewhere that is easy to find. I have done it in my signature. It also helps me remember what I have done. Again, I may not be using the forum correctly, so an education would appreciated if I missed something. Please consider.
Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I have truly enjoyed this forum. I love to look at what people have done with and to their Jeeps and have gained inspiration and knowledge on what and how to modify mine. I do however have one rant, and this could be the result of my inability to completely understand how to use the forum. My rant is simply that when I see someones Jeep that has a cool bumper, or awsome wheels, I often have to ask the person what they are. Often times, I, or other members are kind of hijacking a thread so we can figure out what mod it is we are inquiring about. It just seems like it would be better if forum members listed their mods somewhere that is easy to find. I have done it in my signature. It also helps me remember what I have done. Again, I may not be using the forum correctly, so an education would appreciated if I missed something. Please consider.
couldn't you send them a private message and ask? not trying to be an ass ... just sayin

BTW : what kind of wheels do you have i like those!

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
couldn't you send them a private message and ask? not trying to be an ass ... just sayin

Yes, I absolutely could. When I posted a picture of my Jeep one day, I got 3 messages asking about wheels. I didn't mind it, but those people had to wait for my response, and I had to write it. Obviously it is nice that someone likes a mod enough to ask you about it, but it's also nice for people to not have to make that extra step.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Yes, I absolutely could. When I posted a picture of my Jeep one day, I got 3 messages asking about wheels. I didn't mind it, but those people had to wait for my response, and I had to write it. Obviously it is nice that someone likes a mod enough to ask you about it, but it's also nice for people to not have to make that extra step.
pros and cons...long signature blocks with mod lists make each thread/scroll longer.

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
pros and cons...long signature blocks with mod lists make each thread/scroll longer.
Good Point! My mod list is pretty short, but some of these rigs are almost more aftermarket than stock. I could see them getting long. Maybe have a "Garage" section that could be accessed off of the avatar. Of course, I have no idea what or how to make something like that.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
More people should use the garage, but I think it’s used by only a small portion the the forum users. If you touch on someone’s username/avatar, if they have a garage, it will be listed as an option to touch on and take you to it. You can try this out on mine as I do have a garage page.

I only use my phone to access the forum and forgot all about signatures. Mine must be very lagging behind my garage page!

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at the garage section of the site. It is available from the main menu.

upload_2020-4-8_16-13-37.png
Thanks. I never noticed that before. It looks like if you create a garage, then there will be a link in your avatar. Thanks for this. I hope more people us it.

OP
OP
psdtime

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
More people should use the garage, but I think it’s used by only a small portion the the forum users. If you touch on someone’s username/avatar, if they have a garage, it will be listed as an option to touch on and take you to it. You can try this out on mine as I do have a garage page.

I only use my phone to access the forum and forgot all about signatures. Mine must be very lagging behind my garage page!
Thanks. I checked out your garage, you would have a very long signature if you tried to put all what you have done on a sig. Nice Jeep!

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I am not saying I disagree with you, one potential problem (you guys are out there), are the people that go through multiple lifts/wheels/bumpers. I am assuming the signature is whatever is most recent, and could be associated with someones Jeep from 2 sets of wheels ago.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
You inspired me OP. I set up a garage for my new JLURD.