Sponsored

Forum Jeepsters Gouging Fellow Jeepsters...Vent?

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Okay....love this Forum for info, ideas and entertainment.....and I appreciate feedback on some of my posts...BUT...I have a hard time understanding when a fellow member posts items for sale at such a Price Premium that I might as well buy new from dealer........
I recently sold a brand new set of Sahara Wheels AND Tires to a member for $500....not trying to make a profit, etc...he was appreciative and I was glad to help! a Win Win!!!
I recently bought an extra Jeep "Toolkit" from a fellow member, for a little over $20 bucks....I felt I got what I wanted and the seller was appreciative....another Win Win!

So here's my dilemma.....Soft Tops.....people on here selling for twice what they themselves paid! Dual Top Option = $2000 from Jeep, I've seen just the Soft Top selling for $2300...come on!
Rubicon Wheels.....set selling for $1300-$2000.....What?!?!?!

Maybe it's me, but if folks could be more realistic, it sure would be a better Marketplace for fellow Jeepsters......

Vent Over......whew, feel better already!
Sponsored

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Okay....love this Forum for info, ideas and entertainment.....and I appreciate feedback on some of my posts...BUT...I have a hard time understanding when a fellow member posts items for sale at such a Price Premium that I might as well buy new from dealer........
I recently sold a brand new set of Sahara Wheels AND Tires to a member for $500....not trying to make a profit, etc...he was appreciative and I was glad to help! a Win Win!!!
I recently bought an extra Jeep "Toolkit" from a fellow member, for a little over $20 bucks....I felt I got what I wanted and the seller was appreciative....another Win Win!

So here's my dilemma.....Soft Tops.....people on here selling for twice what they themselves paid! Dual Top Option = $2000 from Jeep, I've seen just the Soft Top selling for $2300...come on!

Maybe it's me, but if folks could be more realistic, it sure would be a better Marketplace for fellow Jeepsters......

Capitalism at its finest. IMO if someone is asking to much...just move on. If they can sell it...more power to them I guess.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’ll agree with the wheels being overpriced. The top, well... where are you gonna find another right now. Supply and demand. Once they’re readily available, expect the asking price to drop.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
i'd agree with @BillG . few tire/wheel that are overpriced but that's why a lot are just going aftermarket and etc. and like @km58501 said, price em too high, well you might get lucky but probably not, price em right and you get some cash and save some space. always room for improvement brother

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I'd love to grab a set of Ruby wheel/tire takeoffs, but an all-day drive and a $1500 price tag ain't in this retiree's budget.

Sponsored

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Out of curiosity what would be a fair forum price for rubi take off tires and wheels

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Out of curiosity what would be a fair forum price for rubi take off tires and wheels
The OP is way off base. New wheels from the dealer are probably around $300, TPMS around $50, Tires around $300. So replacement cost, over $3K for all five. $1300-1500 is a good price.

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
Yeah someone was just selling a used front steel bumper (looked like it had a fews scratches) for $1200 when... cant you get them on mopar parts for like $900 NEW? Am I missing something there?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

EXACTLY. I've been saying this for months.

WTH would I pay $1,500 for used Rubicon wheels and tires that are 0.25" taller than my Sport wheels and tires when I can get aftermarket wheels with 35s for the same money?

$3,200 for a hard top? Bro??

$300 for used coil springs when you can buy a full lift kit aftermarket for less?

I feel you man...with the JL, it's not only FCA that is going full hog and trying to rape people, it's owners of these things also! This was never the case with TJ and JK parts.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I get it and frankly see both sides. I think it’s more about what’s available and what people can live with waiting for. And honestly- it’s come down a lot from a few months ago. As more owners swap out items, there are more to buy and so on.

But when it comes to tops, those always have a market. I had a JK that I sold my hard top for a few years ago. 2 years used and I sold it for about 50 less than new. I didn’t even have it on the site for more than 2 days.

If I hadn’t sold it, I would have dropped the price. I had it higher to allow negotiations. But I got 3 offers.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

I have a brand new in the package Tan JLU Spiderweb Shade for $150 and a Flashcal for $200 if anyone is interested - soft tops and hard tops have always been high especially during heavy demand. If I had either I would sell it for what you can buy online, problem for the JL is you can’t yet - customer demand sets price point, similar to we are paying for aftermarket parts (most almost double the cost compared to the same component for a JK), simple, demand vs availability.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I really must protest the use of the "Jeepster" name in a derogatory manner ... Jeep owners, Jeep folks, Jeep people, but please, not Jeepster!

:)

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
EXACTLY. I've been saying this for months.

WTH would I pay $1,500 for used Rubicon wheels and tires that are 0.25" taller than my Sport wheels and tires when I can get aftermarket wheels with 35s for the same money?

$3,200 for a hard top? Bro??

$300 for used coil springs when you can buy a full lift kit aftermarket for less?

I feel you man...with the JL, it's not only FCA that is going full hog and trying to rape people, it's owners of these things also! This was never the case with TJ and JK parts.
Where can you get 5 35's for even 1500? Let alone with wheels?

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
I got Rubicon complete suspension and wheels (no tires) in NJ

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
$1500 is the cost of 5 OEM Rubicon tires and TPMS. So getting that in addition to 5 free wheels plus mounting and balancing is taking advantage of someone??? I’m new to Jeeps so this is new to me. A person shouldn’t sell their parts for whatever they can get for them? Is there some sort of unwritten Jeep code that says you should sell your stuff for less than market value to other Jeep owners?

I know in other automotive communities the market is self regulating. If buyers ask an unreasonable price their stuff goes unsold until the price comes down to what buyers are willing to pay.
Sponsored