Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hello everyone, thank you for your patience here. Just a quick update on this issue experienced by some of you. Our development team has determined the cause and is working on a solution.

If you have this issue and have not already, please email or DM us a clear photo of the burn(s) indicating if drivers/passenger side and your order number. We will take care of you!

If you have been issued an RMA# by our team already:
  • If you have not already mailed your light(s) back, we will be waiving this step in order to further streamline this process for you. The photo(s) you submitted previously will suffice, and you do not need to return the product to us.
  • If you have already mailed your light(s) back, we will be using these as part of our re-development process and will process your package accordingly.
We will be replacing your light(s) under warranty once our team’s solution is available. Currently, we do not have a definitive ETA for this, but we will priority-reserve your replacement so they will ship as soon as possible once available. We apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to making this right for you.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out for assistance by PM, phone, or email. Our team is happy to help!

-Rachel

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hello everyone, thank you for your patience here. Just a quick update on this issue experienced by some of you. Our development team has determined the cause and is working on a solution.

If you have this issue and have not already, please email or DM us a clear photo of the burn(s) indicating if drivers/passenger side and your order number. We will take care of you!

• If you have not already mailed your light(s) back, we will be waiving this step in order to further streamline this process for you. The photo(s) you submitted previously will suffice, and you do not need to return the product to us.
  • If you have already mailed your light(s) back, we will be using these as part of our re-development process and will process your package accordingly.
We will be replacing your light(s) under warranty once our team’s solution is available. Currently, we do not have a definitive ETA for this, but we will priority-reserve your replacement so they will ship as soon as possible once available. We apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to making this right for you.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out for assistance by PM, phone, or email. Our team is happy to help!

-Rachel
If we have ordered but not yet received our order, will you be holding those until a solution is in production?

rwaargle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
One of the replacement units started developing burn mark on the heating element after about 2 hours of runtime. The passenger side is affected, but the driver side is fine for now.

20220112_164632.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
If we have ordered but not yet received our order, will you be holding those until a solution is in production?
Yes, we are not fulfilling orders at this time.

One of the replacement units started developing burn mark on the heating element after about 2 hours of runtime. The passenger side is affected, but the driver side is fine for now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Forum Exclusive Groupbuy from ORACLE Lighting: Heated Oculus 20220112_164632
So sorry to see this!! We are going to send you a PM to get this taken care of for you.

-Brittany

rwaargle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
So sorry to see this!! We are going to send you a PM to get this taken care of for you.

-Brittany
I already emailed all the pertinent info and was told there will be a replacement reserved for me once the issue has been resolved. Thanks, though.

I do wonder what could be causing the issue, though. Bad heating element or over-voltage?

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
1st field test! Looks like they’re working!
Jeep Wrangler JL Forum Exclusive Groupbuy from ORACLE Lighting: Heated Oculus 6D406D20-5B50-4D71-9B9D-E1D49FFE47BD
Jeep Wrangler JL Forum Exclusive Groupbuy from ORACLE Lighting: Heated Oculus BA5750B6-D86A-4A53-AAEA-DA03E0C5FDE2

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
….and just as i post this, I notice another burn mark….and these are my replacements. Argh…

@ORACLElights

So sorry to hear this!! Please send us a PM regarding this and I will be happy to assist.
-Brittany

Sponsored

gus2k

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I decided to return my lights (30 day return window). I never got around to install or even took them out of the box.

Why return? It's clear to me there's a significant design, manufacturing, and/or quality control flaw here. I'm skeptical it's been rootcaused and fixed so quickly, especially given reports of replacement units having the same issue. Whether it's a few days after install, or months later, I... just don't want to deal with that.

Will take a look at a future generation.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I decided to return my lights (30 day return window). I never got around to install or even took them out of the box.

Why return? It's clear to me there's a significant design, manufacturing, and/or quality control flaw here. I'm skeptical it's been rootcaused and fixed so quickly, especially given reports of replacement units having the same issue. Whether it's a few days after install, or months later, I... just don't want to deal with that.

Will take a look at a future generation.
Hi Gus, glad we could help you with your decision. We certainly understand not wanting to wait so we have this return option available for those who would like to use it.

To be clear, the new version is not yet available and has not been sent out to any customer. The handful of replacements was from the same batch prior to the reports increasing, and the affected customers will all receive a warranty once the new version is ready. We have identified the issue with the heated element and are in the process of re-development. See our statement on this in red below.

We hope to earn your business again in the future when our new version is available. Feel free to let us know if you have any remaining questions.

-Rachel

-Rachel

ChiJL

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting-Gray JLR
Since I haven't seen much on this thread, I wanted to note my positive experience. I installed these on my 2022 JLR w/o LED package yesterday. They have about an hour of use so far including a snowy drive in Chicago this morning. So far so good!

2Wander

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara <ON ORDER>
@ORACLElights - Catching up with the thread it looks like you take care of your customers! Is there a new estimated ship date for the new version? Is the group buy still valid?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@ORACLElights - Catching up with the thread it looks like you take care of your customers! Is there a new estimated ship date for the new version? Is the group buy still valid?
Thank you! We don't have an ETA on the new version just yet but will update when we do. The group buy is closed, but our forum code forum10 is still applicable on OracleLights.com.

-Rachel
Sponsored