thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the hijacking @trouphaz an ozone machine with door panels would be an awesome kit to sell if any mfgrs are listening lol.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Just for an update. For now the smell seems ok. I took the rear, passenger side carpet panel, the storage cover and the piece that was between them out and washed them all with Dawn Powerwash. I left them out in the sun for a few days. Then, I left the windows and doors open as much as I could for a while. I put the carpet and covers back in the car last week sometime (just tossed them in the back so they didn't get rained on) and then I actually put everything back together on Friday.

I've had some hot days over the past week and haven't smelled anything. I think it got to the high 70's. Hoping I don't smell it when it hits 90 in the summer, but by then I'll have forgotten why!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This kind of thing happens to everyone. Glad you got it out.

A year or so ago, I stopped in a Sonic Burger and somehow a bit of the burger and onion fell down between the seat and console. I smelled that onion for a month before I finally got down under the seat with a flashlight and saw it. Then I had to spray all kinds of stuff to eliminate the odor.

Years ago, I was hauling a foil covered tray of BBQ with a lot of broth in it. I sat it on the rear floor of my truck. It tipped somehow and I smelled bbq for a year even after I cleaned it up.

Blackstallion2021

First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Yeah, I bought a pack of frozen salmon from Costco and somehow it got overlooked while emptying the back. It defrosted and some liquid got on the carpet in the back on the right side. I've been trying to soak it up with baking soda, but I'm worried that it may have dripped under the carpet. Can I remove that carpet piece in the back of the 2019 JL Unlimited that goes along the side over the right wheel well? I'm afraid to remove it and find that it is a nightmare to put back. Is it just tucked in or is it attached somehow?

Oh and yes... it smells as bad as it sounds. I left all of my windows open last night hoping to air it out a bit.

IMG_5187resized.jpg
What you can try is 1 cup ammonia, 1 cup vinegar, 1 gallon of water, and any kind of detergent. Cleans and deodorizes. Spilled a quart of transmission fluid in back seat carpet. Got rid of the spell and the oil.
Sponsored