Advertisement

Ford To Goodyear: Get 'Wrangler' Off The Bronco's Tires

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hahahaha...just funny to me that something that trivial strikes such a chord with Ford.

https://www.motor1.com/news/434165/ford-bronco-goodyear-wrangler-tires/amp/

Advertisement

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They ought to put Firestone tires on 'em. Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone used to go "rough camping" together in modified Ford cars. Firestone tires (Gum-dipped) were factory equipment on new Fords for decades. At one time, new Fords came with Ford-branded tires. Ford may have actually made them. Ford once owned tracts of timber, mines, rubber plantations, glass factories , power plants, cotton acreage, ore ships... Henry was his own raw materials supplier.

JLUin818

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They ought to put Firestone tires on 'em. Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone used to go "rough camping" together in modified Ford cars. Firestone tires (Gum-dipped) were factory equipment on new Fords for decades. At one time, new Fords came with Ford-branded tires. Ford may have actually made them. Ford once owned tracts of timber, mines, rubber plantations, glass factories , power plants, cotton acreage, ore ships... Henry was his own raw materials supplier.
after the whole explorer/firestone controversy i dont think ford wants to ever be associated with firestone again; or vice versa

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
after the whole explorer/firestone controversy i dont think ford wants to ever be associated with firestone again; or vice versa
... because some people can't drive, and never check their tire pressure/condition ... and so many lawyers and politicians SUCK.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
... because some people can't drive, and never check their tire pressure/condition ... and so many lawyers and politicians SUCK.
Firestone Wilderness AT tires sucked too.
I had them on a 97 Ranger 4x4. At 30K miles, they were all cracked in between the tread blocks so I replaced them. 6mo later the recall came out, but you still had to have the tires to get replacements, so I was out of luck.

I actually chuckled when I heard the new Bronco would be coming with Goodyear Wrangler tires. I don't blame Ford for insisting on this and I'm sure Goodyear is more than happy to make the change to be the supplier.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2013 Ram Longhorn 2500, 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
If memory serves me correctly, I think one of Firestone's daughter or granddaughter married into the Ford family. The "Exploder" experience did put a strain on the relationship but I think the Bridgestone merger killed it off!

C

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2-Door
Occupation
I could tell you, but....
Of course, some at Ford could point to it and say the Bronco was "all over the Wrangler" in every category and not be wrong.

PyrPatriot

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
People always say that until they need a lawyer or politician to do something.
But yes, red tape and gov regulations tend to swamp things up

Whisky19

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
lol, Jeep even hides easter eggs on the Bronco!
Lmao.. if this isnt the biggest slap in the face to Ford I don’t know what is. Even funnier... what if the engineers didn’t realize the name on the tire until the reveal Hahahaha.. CEO of Ford.. “ uhm guys... just watched the vid reveal.. think we have a problem! “

Advertisement

Advertisement