Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I ordered a pair of brand new raptor shocks yesterday. $742 delivered! I should get them next week, on the following weekend I will take them apart revalve them and install Schrader valves. I’m going to valve them lighter than the current set I have, .012 face shim with a .008 flutter and .015 after that. I’ll put the new ones on the back to see if that’s what the back needs. After testing that I will swap them onto the front and see if that valving works for the front. Good times!

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Brand New only $742. For bypass shocks. Jeep stuff, that would not get you half of one shock......

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Yup, 350 each plus 42 shipping. I believe the MSRP is 600 and they’re discounted 250. They’re for the 2010 through 2014 raptors, which aren’t that popular anymore so the price has come down on them! They’re built like any other high-quality king or fox shock. So yeah I’m pretty stoked!

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Finally ready with an update. The new ones that I ordered got screwed up because they were looking for a Vin number from me. Didn’t see the email so after a couple of weeks found out about that told them send them without the Vin. Next day I get an email there’s a national back order on them could be three weeks or three months. Cancel that order started calling around finally found a new pair out of the box couple of slight scratches for 800 bucks on eBay. I decided not to touch the valving and throw them on. But I took my revolved ones off the front put them on the rear and put the new shocks on the front. Took it through a dip in the road by my house and the front feels and looks great but the rear was way too soft on the compression. I then swap shocks front to back so stock raptor shocks on the back and lighter valve Raptor shocks on the front. Front was still great rear still seemed light on compression? Also, the dip I was going through has about a 2 inch lip whete the black top Meets the concrete part of the dip and both the front and the back tires left the ground at that point which tells me that the rebound is too stiff.
But! I took it out to the desert and it’s freaking awesome! I’m gonna go out tomorrow with my wife so she can film me and then see what needs to be done with valving. I’ll give her a 9.5 out of 10 in the desert. It’ll take 18 inch whoops at 50 miles an hour. Not harsh at all. Stuff that I could take in my razor at 70 I can take in this jeep at 50 which to me is a win! 20 or 30 miles an hour through some 18 to 24 inch whoops was not comfortable. Which I’d expect. There’s one 2foot crest that I walked first and thought no way can I hit that. But then when I got in the jeep and drove towards it I decided you know what it doesn’t look that big after all. Took that one at 30 to 35 and it was perfect! Stoked!

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Outstanding!!!
I feel the Mojave's are a little firm in the rear too. Same thing, need the wife ( film crew ) to know for sure.

The raptor are a better buy cost wise for sure. I going to keep an eye out for a set in the rear to try.

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Finally starting to upload a couple videos to YouTube. Let’s see if this first link works. This is lighter valve Raptor shocks on the rear with OEM Raptor shocks on the front

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Nice lookin good!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Here’s a couple of videos with the OEM valve shocks on the rear and the lighter valve shocks on the front.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Yours is looking pretty good Erik! Your jeep is quite a bit taller than mine which should make it easier to get it to ride excellent.

OP
OP
Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR