Ford Pass is free for all owners

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Not sure what you mean, I never said Uconnect was free. My question was if our Jeep Guardian service would ever be free.
The post is titled "Ford PASS is free for all owners"
Then you said "I learned that Ford Pass, the equivalent to uconnect, is now free to Ford owners"
We all know that Uconnect is free, just like Ford's PASS is free.

Confusing. Now I see your issue is that Sirius XM Guardian should be free. But what does that have to do with Ford's PASS being free?

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
The post is titled "Ford PASS is free for all owners"
Then you said "I learned that Ford Pass, the equivalent to uconnect, is now free to Ford owners"
We all know that Uconnect is free, just like Ford's PASS is free.

Confusing. Now I see your issue is that Sirius XM Guardian should be free. But what does that have to do with Ford's PASS being free?

I think it's pretty obvious. He thinks, as do I, that XM Guardian, which is equivalent to Ford Pass should be free . . . like Ford Pass. $250-$300 a year is is ridiculous.

And for those that are talking about the pain of dealing with customer service for SiriusXM satellite radio service. As of at least 5 months ago, you can cancel online via chat now. And, I've never paid more than $5 a month for the XM Select package. Whenever it gets close to expiring I'll call and tell them I want the "5 for $25, 6 for $30 or 12 for $60 plan. Anything else . . . just cancel me. They always offer it for all 3 vehicles.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi Andrew, while its correct that you can opt-out of some data collection, there is other data that you cannot opt out of without disconnecting the antennae of your wired vehicle.

Here is Ford's privacy policy (Sep 2020): https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/ It included sections about:
  • info you provide to us
  • info from your vehicle
  • info from your devices
  • info we generate about you
  • info from affiliates and other sources
There is a separate privacy policy for Ford-Pass which is defined as a supplement (added-on) to the main Ford privacy policy.

This thread is about Ford-Pass being free. It is not free. When you sign-up for an account, you are authorizing them to collect data about you.

Here is an article from Consumer Reports that covers vehicle collected data in general. Its pretty spooky how much info can be collected if you have all the bells and whistles: https://www.consumerreports.org/automotive-technology/who-owns-the-data-your-car-collects/

I fully stand behind my assertion: nothing in life is free. Not facebook, not google, not FM radio, not Ford Pass. In all of those programs "you" the consumer are the product.
well you better get off the internet, your cellphone, and email because they all do the same thing. People are so paranoid...oh and the government loves to listen in on your landline calls too.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Just to add a little to the Ford Pass discussion, the app on your phone runs frequently in the background, and massively drains your phones battery. Even if you do everything on your phone to disable it, like background app refresh or location/privacy off. In the EULA it even states the only way to stop this is to delete the app from your phone.

But the ability to start your car from thousands of miles away, or lock/unlock your doors is nice.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
They would do better to have a subscription, and then to also have a "usage".

So if you don't have the subscription, but for some reason , use the app to access your vehicle, they charge your CC per usage, maybe like $1-$2. Someone who uses it a lot would benefit from a subscription.
Sponsored