Sponsored

Ford Pass is free for all owners

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Nothing in life is free. You are paying massively for that service through the data that Ford collects about your vehicle, your driving behaviors, your travel patterns, your contacts, phone calls, texts, music preferences, web browsing preferences, etc.

Ford is generating massive revenue through their data collection practices. They are not the first company at the table but with the volume of sales they achieve, are quickly becoming a major player in collecting and selling your data. Data revenue is projected to surpass vehicle sales in the near future by some experts in the industry.
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Haha, yes, Sirius customer service is so terrible you have to laugh...! Words don't describe how bad they suck.

One time I had to call five consecutive times to get them to cancel. Every time I said I wanted to cancel, I got “disconnected.” Of course each time I had to start the process from scratch with a new “customer service” rep.

Hard to believe they are still in business.
I’ve not experienced this. I call to cancel and they say how about $10 month. I tell them I’ll cancel then they find a deal for $5 or $6 buck a month. For this price it’s worth it to me.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
It’s just really really strange and it has been this way for over 40 years if not more. You have Brentwood on one side, the ghetto parts of Bay Shore, NY on another and then finally Wyandanch on the third side. These towns have their issues like gang violence, poverty, illegal immigration and education. Sandwiched between all this is Deer Park, NY along side with the much more prosperous Dix Hills and Babylon Village. While the former are battling gangs and drug addiction, the latter towns are homes to Doctors, Wall Street Brokers and Corporate executives. No where else will you see such as extreme example within just one mile. And I have been told it has been this way for as long as even the oldest living residents can remember. Brentwood, NY is esp infamous because Trump and Jeff Sessions had to visit this town about three years ago to declare “war” on MS-13!
i've heard it on the news to no ends. tho its been quiet lately.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
That’s at least $4 a month too expensive.
yeah the prices for xm is a bit pricey. however, in order to get nascar, i had to fall into a package that has it. i was going to do the ala cart package since theres only 10 stations that i listen too. the thing is nascar was not on that list. so $10 a month will have to do. i hate to do it since theres nothing on the radio to listen to, but if it comes down to it i'll drop xm.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Nothing in life is free. You are paying massively for that service through the data that Ford collects about your vehicle, your driving behaviors, your travel patterns, your contacts, phone calls, texts, music preferences, web browsing preferences, etc.

Ford is generating massive revenue through their data collection practices. They are not the first company at the table but with the volume of sales they achieve, are quickly becoming a major player in collecting and selling your data. Data revenue is projected to surpass vehicle sales in the near future by some experts in the industry.
Please tell me where you get your false info. You can opt out of many of those sharing features. From the horses mouth.

If you agree, we collect and use the GPS geo-location of your device and vehicle to provide you with the Services and for other purposes. You can revoke your consent to this at any time via the 'Manage my Data' section of the App and via ‘Settings’ on the in-vehicle screens.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Please tell me where you get your false info. You can opt out of many of those sharing features. From the horses mouth.

If you agree, we collect and use the GPS geo-location of your device and vehicle to provide you with the Services and for other purposes. You can revoke your consent to this at any time via the 'Manage my Data' section of the App and via ‘Settings’ on the in-vehicle screens.
Who is we?
He is correct as Ford and other manufacturers and other businesses are doing this constantly. Hell the entire new education system “common core” curriculum is a massive data mining scheme started by the ceo of large manufacturers.
He never said you can’t opt as you can but it’s not as simple as you make it seem. As stated earlier calling ford to unregister, complete reset of sync and pulling the fuse of the TCM is recommended to get rid of all the tracking gremlins.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s how you get good CS from Sirius...”May I speak to the cancellation department?” And all your problems just go away and you get 1 year for $60.
Yep, have had Sirius since 2010 and this is exactly the right tactic. When Sirius expired after my first year in August, I did not have to resort to that, after a few weeks, I received a letter with a code for $60 for a year.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
My in laws just bought a new Ford Expedition and I learned that Ford Pass, the equivalent to uconnect, is now free to Ford owners. I think this is a good step forward for competition, but do you think Uconnect's XM Guardian will ever be free> $14.99 a month isn't exactly cheap. My first year is ending in October, maybe CDJR will take note...Fill in here ______that Ford needs to do something to get people to buy their vehicles, LOL
Ford Pass is free
Uconnect is free
You said they are equivalent...what am I missing?

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT

Hi Andrew, while its correct that you can opt-out of some data collection, there is other data that you cannot opt out of without disconnecting the antennae of your wired vehicle.

Here is Ford's privacy policy (Sep 2020): https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/ It included sections about:
  • info you provide to us
  • info from your vehicle
  • info from your devices
  • info we generate about you
  • info from affiliates and other sources
There is a separate privacy policy for Ford-Pass which is defined as a supplement (added-on) to the main Ford privacy policy.

This thread is about Ford-Pass being free. It is not free. When you sign-up for an account, you are authorizing them to collect data about you.

Here is an article from Consumer Reports that covers vehicle collected data in general. Its pretty spooky how much info can be collected if you have all the bells and whistles: https://www.consumerreports.org/automotive-technology/who-owns-the-data-your-car-collects/

I fully stand behind my assertion: nothing in life is free. Not facebook, not google, not FM radio, not Ford Pass. In all of those programs "you" the consumer are the product.

OP
OP
Speedracer

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
Ford Pass is free
Uconnect is free
You said they are equivalent...what am I missing?
Not sure what you mean, I never said Uconnect was free. My question was if our Jeep Guardian service would ever be free.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Uconnect isn't from the dealership, it comes from the manufacturer, new jeeps come with one year complimentary
Isn’t Uconnect just the operating system for the smart screen and features? SiriusXM Guardian is a subscription service after the first free year, and so is SiriusXM Radio after the first year.

OP
OP
Speedracer

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
Isn’t Uconnect just the operating system for the smart screen and features? SiriusXM Guardian is a subscription service after the first free year, and so is SiriusXM Radio after the first year.
Yes
Sponsored