First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Here’s how you get good CS from Sirius...”May I speak to the cancellation department?” And all your problems just go away and you get 1 year for $60.
when i renewed mine and found out that the nascar channel was cut out. i called customer service. the lady sid it wasnt included in the package. i told her to either put it on or cancel everything. sure enough, everything went my way. will have to battle with them again next may.
Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
if i was one to live in a "safe" town sandwich between the 4 gangs. i'm getting the hell out of there. rather deal with xm customer service for 10 mins to have my $120 a year deal.
It’s just really really strange and it has been this way for over 40 years if not more. You have Brentwood on one side, the ghetto parts of Bay Shore, NY on another and then finally Wyandanch on the third side. These towns have their issues like gang violence, poverty, illegal immigration and education. Sandwiched between all this is Deer Park, NY along side with the much more prosperous Dix Hills and Babylon Village. While the former are battling gangs and drug addiction, the latter towns are homes to Doctors, Wall Street Brokers and Corporate executives. No where else will you see such as extreme example within just one mile. And I have been told it has been this way for as long as even the oldest living residents can remember. Brentwood, NY is esp infamous because Trump and Jeff Sessions had to visit this town about three years ago to declare “war” on MS-13!

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
My in laws just bought a new Ford Expedition and I learned that Ford Pass, the equivalent to uconnect, is now free to Ford owners. I think this is a good step forward for competition, but do you think Uconnect's XM Guardian will ever be free> $14.99 a month isn't exactly cheap. My first year is ending in October, maybe CDJR will take note...Fill in here ______that Ford needs to do something to get people to buy their vehicles, LOL
I have it for my f150. It clutch in the winter when its sitting out in the parking lot all day. Yes, its free. I have the analog for the wrangler and as you know pay for it....but it has slight differences from Ford which make it less valuable/beneficial

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I’m letting my XM expire
XM is not ford pass. I pay $5-6 a month for xm/Sirius. I’m deleting Ford pass!
if i was one to live in a "safe" town sandwich between the 4 gangs. i'm getting the hell out of there. rather deal with xm customer service for 10 mins to have my $120 a year deal.
That’s at least $4 a month too expensive.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Ford Pass is awful and tracks and sells your info just like onstar. I’m getting rid of mine soon as I use my $200 in points.
your on crack. Ford Pass is awesome and free. Is it perfect? No, but starting your car during Winter from the office is superb.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
No, I'm referring to the UConnect app that allows you to lock/unlock your doors, check tire pressure, oil life, location of vehicle, etc....from your phone
Doesn't your Jeep have enough screens inside as is? Can't you lock/unlock from the keyfob?

As for the location of the vehicle, you can get a little device which will send you a text message back about the coordinates of the vehicle.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Only Ford models that are reliable seem to be the Expedition, F-150/250/350, Mustang GT. I’d buy any of these. I don’t really trust rest of their lineup.

honestly IMHO, nobody can beat Toyota in the market when it comes to reliability. My uncle had a 1999 4Runner for example that he bought brand new. The thing had more than 500k miles when it got totalled in 2018. It still ran like a champ. All he did was follow Toyota recommended repair schedules religiously. Another relative of mine has a 97 Tacoma that be bought brand new. He still has it. He actually took that Taco on a work road trip from Sacramento to LA and back just ten days ago! He says the thing just refuses to die. He did however get the clutch changed twice since he bought it in 97.

besides the Wrangler, I have a lot of respect for Toyota esp their Trucks and their Body on Frame SUVs like 4Runner and Sequoia.
If I didn't love my Jeep so much, I'd be in a Toyota... Ford Exploders have soured me on Fords although I do love their trucks.

Sponsored

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actual conversation with a SiriusXM customer service agent when canceling the subscription on another car after the free period ended and auto-renewal would kick in...

XM: “What do you mean you want to cancel it?!?!? You do realize there is nothing else out there like this. What could you possibly do to replace it?”

Me: I have Pandora and she has Spotify. We listen to iHeart Radio for any station we want from our home towns. We also don’t need every news channel, weather channel and every decade of music.

XM: *click*

Me: *sighs and redials customer service number to make sure subscription is terminated*

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Actual conversation with a SiriusXM customer service agent when canceling the subscription on another car after the free period ended and auto-renewal would kick in...

XM: “What do you mean you want to cancel it?!?!? You do realize there is nothing else out there like this. What could you possibly do to replace it?”

Me: I have Pandora and she has Spotify. We listen to iHeart Radio for any station we want from our home towns. We also don’t need every news channel, weather channel and every decade of music.

Me: *sighs and redials customer service number to make sure subscription is terminated*

Me thinks it's way easier to cancel the subscription on the website...

Of course, it won't let you cancel it on the website, you have to call... What a load of garbage, I don't want to deal with high pressure sales just to cancel it... Grrr... Easier to change my credit card #...

Supposedly I can cancel through chat, we'll see how that works...

So, after repeating my "We don't listen and we want to cancel" line a few times, they finally got the message and cancelled it...

Last edited:

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
your on crack. Ford Pass is awesome and free. Is it perfect? No, but starting your car during Winter from the office is superb.
You want ford or any manufacturer selling your driving information to insurance companies or the state?

Hell No, for me.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Haha, yes, Sirius customer service is so terrible you have to laugh...! Words don't describe how bad they suck.

One time I had to call five consecutive times to get them to cancel. Every time I said I wanted to cancel, I got “disconnected.” Of course each time I had to start the process from scratch with a new “customer service” rep.

Hard to believe they are still in business.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Haha, yes, Sirius customer service is so terrible you have to laugh...! Words don't describe how bad they suck.

One time I had to call five consecutive times to get them to cancel. Every time I said I wanted to cancel, I got “disconnected.” Of course each time I had to start the process from scratch with a new “customer service” rep.

Hard to believe they are still in business.
lol they are very quick and friendly when I had to get a one year Guardian subscription. Now I wonder how they will be if I ever need that cancelled lmao.
Sponsored