Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
After 5 minutes on the phone with a Sirius “customer representative”, you will wish you were talking to someone from the Crips or the Latin Kings...! :LOL:
Here’s how you get good CS from Sirius...”May I speak to the cancellation department?” And all your problems just go away and you get 1 year for $60.
Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Sirius Guardian, Will ping you and let you know when Homeless Mike and the boys are using your jeep as their F' shack. Better hope you bought the seat covers....
Homeless mike, his 5 boys and the one crackhead hooker with a few missing teeth who will do anything for crack. that is what monthly subscriptions to the car wash are for in the hood!

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Homeless mike, his 5 boys and the one crackhead hooker with a few missing teeth who will do anything for crack. that is what monthly subscriptions to the car wash are for in the hood!
Wait, was this you?!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ford Pass is free for all owners Jeep wash

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Ford Pass is awful and tracks and sells your info just like onstar. I’m getting rid of mine soon as I use my $200 in points.

Sorry, I can't answer that. I never agreed to any of this from Ford. I already spoke to them about it to voice my displeasure with the program and how it is getting used.

"Auto maker Ford recently launched a smart phone app that connects to its Ford SYNC App Link platform which gives consumers the option to share driving data and have their behavior rated by participating insurance providers. A higher score reflects better driving behavior."
Ford offers app that provides insurance discounts for good driving

**** this bullshit. Once normalized, insurance lobbyists will push for legislation that in essence, mandates the forwarding of certain driving data so that they can weed out "bad drivers."

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m letting my XM expire

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am too just frustrating that Ford gets free service.....not enough to buy a Ford though
Only Ford models that are reliable seem to be the Expedition, F-150/250/350, Mustang GT. I’d buy any of these. I don’t really trust rest of their lineup.

honestly IMHO, nobody can beat Toyota in the market when it comes to reliability. My uncle had a 1999 4Runner for example that he bought brand new. The thing had more than 500k miles when it got totalled in 2018. It still ran like a champ. All he did was follow Toyota recommended repair schedules religiously. Another relative of mine has a 97 Tacoma that be bought brand new. He still has it. He actually took that Taco on a work road trip from Sacramento to LA and back just ten days ago! He says the thing just refuses to die. He did however get the clutch changed twice since he bought it in 97.

besides the Wrangler, I have a lot of respect for Toyota esp their Trucks and their Body on Frame SUVs like 4Runner and Sequoia.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Yes, Guardian
Yes my child?
I am too just frustrating that Ford gets free service.....not enough to buy a Ford though
Whoa there, the service is not free. It’s the full cost of the vehicle less $500. The actual vehicle cost of the Ford is that $500. This is a hard bundle and together they make the complete cost of the vehicle.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Only Ford models that are reliable seem to be the Expedition, F-150/250/350, Mustang GT. I’d buy any of these. I don’t really trust rest of their lineup.

honestly IMHO, nobody can beat Toyota in the market when it comes to reliability. My uncle had a 1999 4Runner for example that he bought brand new. The thing had more than 500k miles when it got totalled in 2018. It still ran like a champ. All he did was follow Toyota recommended repair schedules religiously. Another relative of mine has a 97 Tacoma that be bought brand new. He still has it. He actually took that Taco on a work road trip from Sacramento to LA and back just ten days ago! He says the thing just refuses to die. He did however get the clutch changed twice since he bought it in 97.

besides the Wrangler, I have a lot of respect for Toyota esp their Trucks and their Body on Frame SUVs like 4Runner and Sequoia.
Toyota's are awesome. I have a Highlander now, and have owned many in the past.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Toyota's are awesome. I have a Highlander now, and have owned many in the past.
Honestly speaking the Bronco may not woo many Wrangler drivers over to Ford. But if Toyota brings back the FJ Cruiser back to the market with remove able hardware, I can see many Wrangler owners considering a switch. Jeepers like to keep their rigs forever and Toyotas tend to last a very long time. Give me an FJ with remove able doors, top and windshield plus a 4x4 with Dana 44s or similar front and back: I will gladly jump to Toyota.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I live in a town of 68k souls. My town is pretty safe but is sandwiched between Wyandanch, NY and Brentwood, NY. In Wyandanch you have two career choices: Bloods or Crips. In Brentwood your choices are even better: Latin Kings or MS-13. Although my town is a relatively safe haven from all, it is still a little too close to comfort for me. Almost everyone here has a car security system due to that.

No wonder house prices in my town are more than 2 or 3x of Wyandanch or Brentwood. Gang members then get confused whether to put money for a bigger down payment or buy themselves a couple of mini Uzi's instead.
if i was one to live in a "safe" town sandwich between the 4 gangs. i'm getting the hell out of there. rather deal with xm customer service for 10 mins to have my $120 a year deal.
Sponsored