2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A 2 door Bronco, manual transmission, with A/C standard, priced under $30,000 , including shipping, will be a hot seller. Attract the young buyer, make them a Fan for life by having an entry level vehicle that can be modified to any level desired. Jeep has this " history", Ford has to do more than capitalize on " Nostalgia" to avoid a " flash in the pan " limited success .

1911addict

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
World premiere of the new Ford Bronco is on the birthday of O.J. Simpson, July 9

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sister-nicole-brown-simpson-release-115616414.html

Really, if you were knocking down the dollars he is, what would you say?

The Bronco will never unseat a Jeep? We know the Jeep is the best and we strive to someday be as good?

Clearly, they see an opportunity to make some headway pretty quick in this monopolized market. I mean, what else is there other than wrangler?

Let’s me honest, competition will enhance both products. As far as kinks being worked out, I was apprehensive about buying Jeep based on reliability.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I was given advise long ago to NEVER buy any vehicle in its first production year, all the bugs are never fully worked out.
Amen. I bought this one vehicle in its 79th production year and there are STILL plenty of bugs they haven’t worked out.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
They can't even manage to announce it in a timely manner, I'm sure they've got something on paper that sounds great over the Wrangler. They've had almost four years to reverse engineer the JL at this point.

I do hope they come in aggressively on the price point - it'll drive FCA down too and ultimately get more people into wheeling. At the end of the day, IFS=no go, and no recommendation from me. If you want to wheel, get a Wrangler - the JL is nicer than my Audi S5 ever was both inside and out. I don't see much to "improve" upon that buying a Ford would solve.

Last edited:

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
I hope it’s a massive hit, all competition does is force FCA to make Jeeps better.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep folks as a whole seem really sensitive about this sort of thing. If the Bronco is amazing and popular, it doesn’t make my Jeep any less so and takes nothing away from me.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Jeep folks as a whole seem really sensitive about this sort of thing. If the Bronco is amazing and popular, it doesn’t make my Jeep any less so and takes nothing away from me.

There hasn't been any competition in this space in years. It's natural to expect we'll have a lot to say about it especially considering it's basically a Wrangler clone with IFS. I honestly think it's ass ugly and looks like a Honda Element so it's not for me, but I do agree no matter how much smack we talk here it's great for FCA not to have a monopoly on convertible trail trucks.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I think it is ugly, but that is, as they say, in the eye of the beholder. I'll be willing to take a new Bronc owner offroading, then I will point out the serious design flaws of IFS as they try to navigate the same obstacles I just crawled over with ease. No worries, I'll wheel with anyone willing. Maybe that thing will impress me. The Cherokee Trail Hawk sure did.
Sponsored