Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ford can not make any deadline they initially set. Ford can not keep promises to reservation holders.

Try to spend a few minutes on B6G and all they do is complain about getting their so called reservations screwed over by Ford and surprise ADM charges from sleezy dealers. And those guys just keep accepting bad treatment. I am sure they love the new look over there in the bitch and moan forum.
Yeah, a sticker book and hammock goes a long way. šŸ˜†
Sponsored

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Yeah, that thing is pretty ugly with those fenders. It is almost like the fenders were something completely left out of the decision making, and the complete mockup for CEO approval was only 30 minutes away on a Monday morning... this was the best they could throw together. The back ones, especially! Would be the first things pulled off if I purchased one. Compared to running those I would rather live with the rock chips and road splatter.

Also, that wider stance... are they sure those steering and suspension components aren't just longer with a new part number = "enhanced"? Did they really change alloy/strength, supplier, etcetera?

I think these Broncos are for financial flex of getting something new and cool before the Jones family down the street. Wide open areas are few and far between for most of the U.S.A. consumer, so who are these really for?

Marketing has now changed to storming and jumping through the desert? What happened to being competitive against Jeep on the trail?

Ford's subtle nod to a loss through marketing?
Yep. I keep wondering where in the fuck people are going to jump there Broncos. Iā€™m in AZ, so there are dunes, but if ya donā€™t live near them, then what? Iā€™m standing bye for the youtube vids of bros jumping and breaking these things.

BoBo30

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
The flares are getting nearly Jeep like. I see Ford quietly added a crossbar on the roll cage after initially bragging about the openness of that area.
Yes the launch article states they added a cross member on the roll cage. It is between the front and rear seats similar in location to the bar in Wranglers (B pillar). They also state an additional carbon fiber cross member on the rear roll cage (D pillar location).

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
9.8 inches wider than the base Bronco??? Ill have to buy a new house with a wider garage to fit this Raptor ..:surprised: The base bronco is wider than the JL to begin with!!
And those trash can fenders!!

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Front axle/suspension detail. Can't tell if the tie rod is beefier or not. Doesn't look very beefy to handle a 105# wheel/tire.

1643081273507.png
The articles claim that it has upgraded steering and CV shafts, but my eye tells me different things. Yes it's wider, but those look like the same diameter.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Itā€™s going to eat CV boots, based on the picture. Those angles are terrible. What makes a CV boot fail is the plastic rubbing on itself. It has 4 rows touching each other now just static.

AC306991-F732-4DE4-A409-3495298DA1AD.jpeg

45E32441-1571-4548-994A-8CB9EEEC5FE2.jpeg

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Itā€™s going to eat CV boots, based on the picture. Those angles are terrible. What makes a CV boot fail is the plastic rubbing on itself. It has 4 rows touching each other now just static.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ford Bronco Raptor Revealed : 400HP V6 w/ 37's 45E32441-1571-4548-994A-8CB9EEEC5FE2

Jeep Wrangler JL Ford Bronco Raptor Revealed : 400HP V6 w/ 37's 45E32441-1571-4548-994A-8CB9EEEC5FE2
Not to mention that if it has any more down travel while in motion it will be at max angle and likely to pull apart.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Not to mention that if it has any more down travel while in motion it will be at max angle and likely to pull apart.
The weight of the body will bring it down some. But youā€™re right anymore down travel it looks like itā€™s gonna bind the CV. Plus turn/steer the wheel ! Boom

JayOntheMoon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wrangler unlimited willys(ordered)
That's the single ugliest off-road vehicle I've ever seen. It looks like a 1992 Jeep Wrangler Renegade with those horrible molded flares. Yuck. And that nasty looking grille. Ick. What is going on over at the Ford design studio these days? They've been turning out some horribly ugly vehicles.
Very True. Folks in jeep forum usually have biased opinions about Bronco but man fords new vehicles are all ugly as hell. The maverick, bronco and bronco sport are the ugliest 3 vehicles I have ever seen in recent new model year vehicles. Even worse than the last gen frontier till 2021. The bronco is actually good overall except that ugly grill and headlights I.e. ugly face. If there is no mark up Iā€™m jumping on the bronco that price is so sweet. Wrangler is the most overpriced main stream vehicle now but we have to live with it.. Go better bronco help us get a better jeep!

Sponsored

SHO jeep

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO,
The reason I ordered a Wrangler was because I was told by a Ford dealer a loaded Bronco order would take 1 1/2 to 2 years to arrive. I called my Ford salesman yesterday to ask about the Bronco Raptor. He pointed out a limited allocation being likely, and that they would 'add-on' to the price considerably if they could ever get one in.
I'm out.
SHOJEEP

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
What this time we get the Leprechaun-it'll make it out next year, and then it'll be marked up by pathetic dealers. I'm glad they brought back the bronco for competition's sake-still wouldn't want one and the few that I have physically seen are marked up so bad-that I have to ask why. Those tie rods are issues, mud and IFS don't work together; a friend mine is still awaiting the new hard top since his creaks like a horror movie house door. Also that security pad on the door that's held on with 3M tape is worthless. Yet everything comes at a cost and hopefully in five -six years My new JLUR will be cheaper.
Sponsored