Fake news.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
The fact they call it a “car” means they are right. If you are wanting a “car” - avoid the JL. If you want a Jeep (not a synonym for car ) - then get the JL!!!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Not going to read the article, but if Forbes is recommending against owning a depreciating asset that categorically depreciates the least (as well as TCoO) of pretty much any other vehicle in it's class... that seems funny to me.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
From the article...
"By the way, before we get the requisite nasty emails, Tweets, and Facebook postings, yes, we’ve included the venerable Jeep Wrangler as one of 2018’s cars to avoid. However, 4X4 loyalists should note that this is for the previous “JK” generation that remains on sale following the introduction of the new, improved, and much-more-refined “Wrangler JL” for 2018."

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
They test for the average driver. People tha have a car as a mean to satisfy their need to move from A to B. Drivers whose idea of personalizing a car is on the license plate and hanging beads on the rear view mirror. They write for people that have no idea how to change a tire. I respect that.
I suscribe to Consumer Reports. But if I followed their advice I would have never bought my Land Rover, FJ Cruiser and the Wrangler. Cars that have given me the most satisfaction.
They love minivans lol. I’m sure they are a great idea for most families. Not mine. We are a weird bunch, I guess.
We are not hard core off roaders either. I have driven in 4 Low more miles than most people. However now I live in Illinois and I don’t share the joy some people have driving around in a maze until either get stuck or brake something. I respect that too.
I drive a car for what’s capable of doing and won’t shy taking it to extremes if the opportunity arises.
I wear a 500m divers watch. I’m no diver. But I am not the guy to panick because he forgot to take off his watch before jumping into the ocean.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
http://www3.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/8/

Three jeep models including JL. Forbes no love
The Wrangler rarely gets any love any publication that reviews cars or trucks. As a daily driver, there are better vehicles out there offering better ride and comfort, only they're not as fun to drive. The Wranglers selling point is a lifestyle of exploring places that you can't get to with any other vehicle as well offering up a level of customization and personalization unrivaled by any other vehicle on the market.

This statement is pretty much spot on. I've owned 3 JK's ('08, '09 and a '12) and while the my '12 JK is better in build quality than either the '08 or '09 we owned it is subpar to any other vehicle I've owned in the last 20 years.
the original Jeep’s descendant also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Why is everyone getting excited over a four year old article? One of the vehicles on the list is the Jeep Patriot which isn't made anymore. On the Mitsubishi i-MiEV page they mention that they have yet to receive information on the "new" 2015 model.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
http://www3.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/8/

Three jeep models including JL. Forbes no love
For the check list buyer that goes offroad in the parking lot overflow while busing kids around, they are spot on.

I could not stop laughing when the jeep dealer put the rear set down to try to convince me the unlimited had storage, an Edge or an outback wrecks the JLU so hard, its like what the jl/jlu does to the crossover offroad.

The wrangler is not the one size fits all on roader, and the reviews should reflect that.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
This as mentioned above why Jeeps from CJ's up have had great trade in value?? I think I read somewhere that after 5 years it retains about 76%, find that in something else!

My JLU Sahara gets about 70% "On Road" the rest moderate "Off Road" driving and it both circumstances it is great to drive. Who cares about "Forbes" anyway???

Go Jeep!!!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Don't forget--

You can beat me/get better gas mileage/ride better, but

You can't follow me--

JIMBO

mike12110

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU, 2002 Camaro SS
Occupation
USN Retired
Don't forget--

You can beat me/get better gas mileage/ride better, but

You can't follow me--

JIMBO
I'm very happy with the ride and I took my first off road muddy road trip and was amazed! My gas mileage on Interstate 75 for 45 miles was 27 mpg. 18.5 city. Plenty of pep. I'm a believer!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Outta sight--and I'm so glad to hear that success story-

I'm very happy with the ride and I took my first off road muddy road trip and was amazed! My gas mileage on Interstate 75 for 45 miles was 27 mpg. 18.5 city. Plenty of pep. I'm a believer!
Be very careful of the mud buildup on the wheel insides(imbalance)--

GOD, I hate mud !

Whatever

JIMBO
Sponsored