First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Jeep Wranglers are the absolute worst vehicle EVER made...if you want a car.
But then you are most likely a Boring lemming without a fun bone in your body.
I’m sympathetic to your vibe, brother.
You may have overstated your case, though.
Just a bit.
Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I have a hard top but on the highway, as long as it isn't windy, I can't really tell much of a noise level difference between the Jeep and my Sienna w/ 150k on the clock. As for comfort...well...my daughter tells me she wouldn't want to drive cross country in the back seat but...I have a minivan for that.

Sponsored

ArchAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Lies, they have silver versions of all of those!!!! lol Great pic and so true!
I’m sorry, but a silver version would be so flashy I would be embarrassed to drive it. I plan on test driving all of these with a sound level meter and buying the one that measures the quietest. Maybe with the lane assist monitoring too so I can sleep on the way to wherever my boring life takes me...

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
from the article

3. Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited

Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance, and reliability from J.D. Power.

If only wandering steering wasn't an issue, I totally disagree with the article.

$$
All true, but I still love my Jeep.

OP
OP
bikenutty

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
16,000 + miles on mine, hate the steering on road, off road its ridiculously fun. I drive the new Raptor on road, love it too.

$$

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jeeps are weird. I would never consider an SUV or crossover, but somehow I love Jeeps. You can take them apart easily, they're still easy to work on, they're more fun to drive in the city, and I just like them.
If it weren't for my random thinking to buy a JL I'd probably just finish off paying off my JK and go buy a porsche cayman. >>

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I have a hard top but on the highway, as long as it isn't windy, I can't really tell much of a noise level difference between the Jeep and my Sienna w/ 150k on the clock. As for comfort...well...my daughter tells me she wouldn't want to drive cross country in the back seat but...I have a minivan for that.
Agreed, my Sienna in LE guise with 148k isn't much quieter than our Sky one touch top. And the GTI that was replaced by the Jeep had a seal around the window going that made it sound like the window was open at highway speeds.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree, Jeep’s are terrible cars. And dogs are terrible cats. Just the fact they choose to judge a Jeep using the same criteria as a fucking Honda Odyssey makes the rating system worthless. Take a corolla up a badge of honor trail and see how great it handles on the way home. Haha. Jeep should make a spoof commercial of this rating system and do exactly this.

On road handling and off road handling are mutually exclusive. Duh.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The JD power thing reminds me of this guy. He’s got it right

Love the "Mahk" impression! lol

I'd hate to be one of the actors in that commercial labeled as "Not an actor" and then trying to get another gig afterwords... :giggle: