First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
"limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds." It's 100% subjective BS. Ok, maybe 80%, can't argue with the financial data and test results.
All of this has some subjectivity. However the upright seating position and lack of seat adjustability that even the most basic cars today have isn’t arguable. No lumbar support. No adjustable leg support. No lateral support, no power seat adjustment, no memory seats. I could go on but it’s not necessary, you get the point. Harsh, erratic ride? Check. Solid axles and tall sidewalls (and a suspension lift for many of us). Need I say more? Handling? Wind noise? Do I even need to address those? Not to anyone who’s driven literally ANY other vehicle.

My point isn’t that the Jeep is bad in and of itself. It’s that it’s downright horrible given the criteria that they’re are judging by. Comfort, road performance, build quality. That’s not what my Jeep is for to me.

But the Jeep is the undisputed king of the things it does best. Ability to go anywhere and ability to drop the top. It’s being judged against “regular” automobiles. It’ll always lose that battle. But hopefully few if any of is here bought it to be like our other vehicles. Because it’s just not.
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Wait!
You’re telling me that some vehicles ride and handle better on the road than my JLU?
No way. Not buying.
Next you’ll be trying to convince me that bears shit in the woods...or that pigs don’t fly.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Consumer reports hahahahaha!! Jd power rates are based on how much they get paid. If Wranglers are so bad why do they sell 20k + every 4 weeks? Have resale values only the 4Runner can touch? My 12 JKU lost 3k in value in 4 years I owned it and never broke down...Guess that’s a fluke

Both sources are like most media Bias as hell.. They also rated my 09 Honda Pilot as reliable haha it drank 1 1/2 quarts of oil a week..Needed a motor before 50k, and had electrical gremlins. Also left my wife stranded because of battery drained due to bad switch. Haven’t had another Honda since..
They are all man made and have faults.. I buy what I like not what others tell me to like..Those 2 sources are the worst imo!! My Wrangler looks and drives awesome imo..

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Wranglers are what they are, and that is why we love them. If they conformed any more than what they already have to what these writers say, then they simply would not be nearly as capable as they are.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
The people this article pertains to are typically people that have come from a different type of vehicle all together. These JL's will not ride comparable or better than a Mercedes or Lexus. Lots of soccer moms want to look cool picking their kids up from school, but soon realize their Odysee was a more comfortable choice. Those of us that have had Wranglers, this JL regardless of steering issues, is a step up in comfort.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
All of this has some subjectivity. However the upright seating position and lack of seat adjustability that even the most basic cars today have isn’t arguable. No lumbar support. No adjustable leg support. No lateral support, no power seat adjustment, no memory seats. I could go on but it’s not necessary, you get the point. Harsh, erratic ride? Check. Solid axles and tall sidewalls (and a suspension lift for many of us). Need I say more? Handling? Wind noise? Do I even need to address those? Not to anyone who’s driven literally ANY other vehicle.

My point isn’t that the Jeep is bad in and of itself. It’s that it’s downright horrible given the criteria that they’re are judging by. Comfort, road performance, build quality. That’s not what my Jeep is for to me.

But the Jeep is the undisputed king of the things it does best. Ability to go anywhere and ability to drop the top. It’s being judged against “regular” automobiles. It’ll always lose that battle. But hopefully few if any of is here bought it to be like our other vehicles. Because it’s just not.
Thanks, Captain Obvious, for schooling us up.
We’re so dim, but you bring blessed light into our meager lives.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
In 2003, every rag proclaimed the 03 Ford 6.0 diesel as the best diesel engine in a pickup.

How'd that work out??

Rags are just like internet forums and FB. You have to weed out the bullshit and garbage.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Harsh ride is one of the reasons? Bahahaha...it's a 4-wheel drive! If they want a harsh ride we'll go back to some of the 70's lifted Chevy trucks that would give you a headache just driving around the block. JL is actually smooth with beefy tires.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
In 2003, every rag proclaimed the 03 Ford 6.0 diesel as the best diesel engine in a pickup.

How'd that work out??

Rags are just like internet forums and FB. You have to weed out the bullshit and garbage.
That's why I thanked god I held onto my 2002 7.3L

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Harsh ride is one of the reasons? Bahahaha...it's a 4-wheel drive! If they want a harsh ride we'll go back to some of the 70's lifted Chevy trucks that would give you a headache just driving around the block. JL is actually smooth with beefy tires.
This all day.
So many people even on this forum were talking how the Rubi rode worse than the Sahara that even I was questioning whether I should skip the rubicon package, because we live on 9miles of very rough gravel road.

Thank god I didn't listen, this thing rides great. Much better than 3/4 ton pickups, that's for sure. It's all relative.
Sponsored